ZBrushCentral

Rider

concept

[roughweb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘61962’,‘mongweb.jpg’,1,0))
[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘61961’,‘roughweb.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

mongweb.jpg

very nice concept and the Zbrush sculpture is looking very nice so far.

Looking forward for more updates

I like it man!.

Thanks, I’m trying to decide what character I want riding him, I think I might make it a future punk girl. I got the idea from an old chartoon with a sniper riding an ostridge type character on the cover. However I can’t remeber the name of the film, anyone know?

Yup, the image yer referring to is the poster to Ralph Bakshi’s 1977 film, “Wizards”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizards_%28film%29
I was pretty damn keen ta see it as a nipper…

the concept matches the model realy good

THAT’S IT!!, thanks I’ve been racking my brain for 2 days :smiley:

The concept is great, good start too. I think you could push some really funky textures when you get to it. This doesn’t seem like it needs to be super realistic which I like.

your right I think what I’ll do is two versions, one realistic and one witha chartoon feel. I hope to get time this weekend.

I think I may have found my rider while sketching. I don’t know how I will complete my scene now that I’m already at 3 millon polys between the two characters. ???
[lepricon.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘63467’,‘lepricon.jpg’,1,0))

Just a suggestion for you, mphilip, about finishing your scene without the high poly characters lagging you down…

If you are doing this simply as a scene, and not wanting to export and rotate the entire model with rider, you could lower the resolution on your beast (provided you have saved the levels) and save out a lowpoly model of him. Then model your rider to fit on the back, posed etc. Then when you are ready to render your final scene, replace the low poly version with your high-poly version. This will allow your system to handle rotating the models together while modeling and texturing.

Or, you can simply hide part of your beast while working. This might be the easiest method, since your system won’t be drawing all the poly’s of the beast as you work. Just remember to save out a full copy of the beast first, in case you have an accident and “delete hidden” geometry!