Latest:

[dreameater-final-1k.jpg]dreameater-mini.jpg

Attachments

dreameater1.jpg

dreameater-views.jpg

dreameasterCompFinalish.jpg

…this night :slight_smile:

Turntable

Here’s a quick turntable I knocked out with it.

Wayne…

[dreameater-mini.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘62127’,‘dreameater-mini.jpg’,1,0))

My kind of creature!Love it and how it operates~lol,cal

Cool beans Wayne! Like it.

[[attach=62135]dreamTextureComp.jpg[/attach]]dreamTextureComp.jpg

Thanks guys, I’ve sort of become a little attached to this one for a change. Here’s a quick pass at texturing (with a litle post work in PS, damn I can’t wait for Ppplink to get released. :slight_smile: )
Enjoy

Wayne…

except for the eye I love it

This thing would love to come to my house for dinner.
Awesom sculpt.

[dreameasterCompFinalish.jpg]

Ok I’m just about ready to call this one final for now, my aim when I started this was to never leave Zbrush 3 (even for the final render). So started as zspheres, modelled and textured in zb3 of course and final render a composte of basic multipass shaders comped together in photoshop.

Passes I used for this were a beauty pass, a shadow pass , a spec pass (actually 2 slightly different to give me a choice at comp time) and a matte pass. With the exception of the shadow pass all are preview matcaps.

Its been a fair while since i did a project that never left Z, so thought it was high time I tried it again.
Enjoy

Wayne…

It’s good to see the final after a lot of small steps you made. With ZB3 it’s easy not to leave this program to Mudbox or other programs. Maybe the rendering in other programs will give a better result. But I like this funny sculpted model :+1:
BTW, you hosted some real nice, creative shaders some time ago… :confused:

Love the sculpt and texture! :+1:

This is really great work. You are truly up to your good form on this one. It looks almost lethal!

[miniav.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘62217’,‘miniav.jpg’,1,0))

Turntable

Thanks Guys, my form took bit of a dip of late (real life stuff had me more than a tad side tracked, which is never good for being creative lol.) I thought it was about time I took something to final for once as it’s been a while since I completed something to render.

I may stil go back and redo the texture etc for the teeth as I feel that so far they are the weakest point. Its just the idea of doing 24 individual teeth isn’t my idea of fun lol. Of course I could just do a couple and clone. :wink:

Wayne…

Sharp work throughout ! You really brought him to life now,cool.

[dreameater-final-1k.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘62559’,‘dreameater-final-1k.jpg’,1,0))

The more I looked at this, the more the teeth drove me mad, they needed finishing properly…not avoided lol. So here’s the final FINAL version (probably… well I’m 99% sure it is lol.) I’ve really enjoyed doing this one, bit of a change for my usual stuff I feel.
Enjoy

Wayne…

Well, it really looks good and better than the yellow originally, but you haven’t left any white on the teeth. I think if they gradually went to a bone color (just a little lighter on the ends) they would look real. Of course, I am not the best on this stuff and you do such good work.

wonderfull cratur man ,good job:D

The eye really adds a sinister twist to him which is right .

The teeth dare a I say a medium between the two woud of been my pref but its better than before so I should just keep stum I guess lol.

Superb work.!!

well done…:cool: looks like a sock puppet from hell :smiley:

[dreameater-final-1k-Post-vi.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘77471’,‘dreameater-final-1k-Post-vi.jpg’,1,0))

I’ve just been recording a free tutorial video on relighting using photoshop. So I picked this old model to give it a shot on, as the lighting is bad with a capital B. :wink: It was also good to showcase how to translate matte painting techniques into post work. :slight_smile:

Wayne…