ZBrushCentral

snailien...

hey guys!

here’s my new model. all base modeling done in silo2.
i more or less done my first sculpt-pass on the body.

let me hear what you think.
[alien_wip_011.jpg]alien_wip_009.jpg

-r

Attachments

alien_wip_010.jpg

Nice work abyss, I’m digging the look and forms of this guy. I look forward to seeing him further detailed.

hey adam!

thanks for the kind words.

here’s another small update on the body. i’ll think i’d start working out some of the armor pieces next.
[alien_wip_012.jpg]

hope you’ll enjoy.

-r

nice job with the sculping it really brings this character to life.

thanks alot wdcstudios!

hope to have a update soon…

-r

nice character design.
very reserved use of texturing the surface. fits perfect to that char imo.
maybe the “hoof” and the “tail” could be a bit more detailed.
the hand+lower arm is great.

hey zhaxen!

thanks for the kinds words.
i haven’t really worked out the hoof, hands and tail that much.

yet another small update. added more skin folds.
alien_wip_013.jpg

-r

Love the design, very imaginative. :+1:

edit: On closer inspection he looks a bit pigeon-toed, not a problem as far as I can see, more of an observation. It kind of makes him look a little goofy which works for the character. Is he going to be animated?

Very cool character. I love the details (wrinkles and skin lines). Such a clean finish. Can you give us any tips on how you created such smooth skin with those wrinkles?

thanks alot guys!

Brainplug: thanks alot for the nice words.
yeah! i got an evil plan of lurring one of my past collegues, into doing some animation… dunno know yet, if he wants too, though.

Kosher: thanks man. if you use a big brushes as possible, with a small blend for muscles/basic shapes and then a small brush, also with a small blend but a higher intensity for wrinkles, shapenening of edges around the previously made muscles, etc.

hope that explained it a bit…

-r

hey all!

here’s a new update. worked out some of the armor. i like it very subtle, so not too many details there.
also worked out the hands and feet some more. think i gotta take another run on them, though. also added a few more skin details.
hope you like it.

c&c is as always very welcome.
alien_wip_015.jpg
[attach=63334]alien_wip_014.jpg[/attach]

-r

Attachments

alien_wip_014.jpg

this is looking superb, nice work. very fleshy sculpt, i like the concept as well, this is going to be great one to watch develope.

Hey! Coming along nicely. It would be easier to show his emotions if you had a little mouth on him but that’s up to you.

About your reply on the smoothing technique, can you provide a little more detail? I am not sure what you mean by blending? It seems like when I try to smooth out my mesh at a high subdiv level, the mesh always gets little bumps all over.

BTW, this character totally reminds me of the aliens from the old 80s movie “Explorers”.What’s funny is that the effects were produced by ILM back in 1985:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorers_%28film%29

A bit of nostalgia :slight_smile:

Thanks!

That thing is all kinds of sweet! Great work.

awesome work abyss103 !

L

hey guys!

threetails: thanks for the kind words man. btw. i really like your work too.

Kosher: thanks alot for the crits. i see your point about a mouth, but for this guy i think it works well, to be mute.
sorry, about the bad description. when i said “blending”, i mean’t “focal shift”. remember to turn up your “mouse avg” to 2 or something (-in the stroke menu). when you smooth, just do it very lightly probally works best, if you got a wacom :)).
you can also use some of the new and fine alpha maps to do wrinkles with.

j lizzle: hahahah… thanks.

Lucky_1: thanks.

here’s a few picts of where i’m currently at, with this one.
i’ve done some thoughts on the colors, but can’t really decide. any thoughts is appriciated.
next up… posing and texturing (-and maybe a last look at the details).
[attach=63729]alienwip016my0.jpg[/attach]
[attach=63730]alienwip017ss8.jpg[/attach]
[attach=63731]alienwip018nj7.jpg[/attach]
alienwip017ss8small.jpg
ohh! -thanks to darrick pister for the great material. you can find it here.

-r

Attachments

alienwip016my0.jpg

alienwip017ss8.jpg

alienwip018nj7.jpg

Coming along really well my friend. I like the overall design of him.

thanks alot, buddy! -glad you like it.

-r

Ok, this is a great character. Stylish, subtle, and wonderful paint schemes. Excellent work abyss103. :wink:

great work… love the design… awsome character!