Cool Moon Fever

Hi everyone, I am currently working on a short animation for my uni Major Project, the animation will be called "Moon Fever" the main character is a Pan (forest creature from Greek Mythology), now because it is a uni project and I got only 4 month to finish it, I am very limited at what I can put in, for instance putting a hair is a bad idea because it drammatically increases my rendering time, to model my character I've used Zb3 and 3dsmax, rendering time in 3dsmax is somewhere 15-30 seconds, everything is rendered with V-Ray + indirect illumination, to this post I have attached zbrush images + 3 renders in V-ray, some critiques would be greatly appreciated

moom_fever2.jpg
    front.jpg
    face.jpg
    back.jpg

Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

also, here's a quick 3dsmax render, just to show an Integration between Zb3 and 3dsmax and also my texturing

body_shot.jpg
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

something happened to the image that I have posted before , for some reason extra letter appeared in the tag, so I am uploading that image again

body_shot.jpg
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

here's a piccture of a base mesh that was brought in to zbrush for sculpting
    basemesh.jpg
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

here's a quick render of my character's head in Zbrush
    pan2.jpg
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I think you have a nicely realized character here Skar but your texture does need more work. Its too bland and washed out looking right now. Fix that texture and it will bring him to life.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

thanx, I will play a little bit with a texture and will post an update
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

ok here comes a quick update on my character's textures, I've added some blemish on his face and some other minor adjustments

textures_adjusted.jpg
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

seems like his post of mine is long forgotten

does anyone have any valuable feedback?
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com

Its a good start, the thing about zbrush, is you should play with it alot more. your capable of getting a crapload of detail from a model that your not getting. Look around these forums at the work others are making, look at the difference in surface depth. Pan is a great character to work on, the goat aspect, though, feels left out.

Grab a good photo of a goat, and some good references of people, take your time and look carefully at each, incorporating them more into your model.

right now he just kinda looks like a devil.

Thanks for your critiques I will play around with the whole goat concept
    Stanislav Morozov
    Smorozov.com