ZBrushCentral

Seeking advice on Graphics Card Purchase

I’m trying to decide on a Graphics Card. I would be using it primarily for modeling and texturing using Zbrush and XSI 5.0 to 5.11. I’m not a games player so that’s not a consideration. I’m considering at this time either the QuadroFX 1400 Or a Geforce 8800. Basic consideration - do I need the Pro card or would the more power-for-your-money consumer card work equally as well? If there are any special considerations I should be aware of in regards to using my target software with these cards please let me know; any advice would be helpful.

FYI - My current hardware specs are:

Motherboard: Intel 915G chipset
Processor: 3.0 Ghz multithreaded
Ram: 2 Gigs
Graphics Card: The built in card that came with the motherboard.

Thanks in advance.

well from what i underestand ZB doesn’t use your GFX card…but i could be wrong. But XSI will, and a more powerful card will allow you to get faster viewport interactions etc…
I’ve just bought a 8800GTX on ebay for about $500 USD but haven’t tested it yet as i’m waiting for the rest of my machine to arrive in the mail lol.
however if you are going from an onboard card to a dedicated card its a world of difference :cool:

the one thing to consider is what your mobo will accept, does it have PCI-expess…or AGP etc…

Dude nVIDIA, because of Gelato! Render using your CPU an you GPU, win-win!
doesn’t matter what card
I have Geforce 6600 AGP you might want to get one of the newer PCI Xpress
7000 cards but when I get a new PC I will be getting 8900GTX!!!
the Maya plug-in mango owns for fast CG renders!