ZBrushCentral

batman begins wip

My first try with zbrush
If someone can tell me how can i put texture on subtools, i will really appreciate it.
[attach=62478]bbqv6.jpg[/attach]
[attach=62479]bb2cc7.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bbqv6.jpg

bb2cc7.jpg

looks good! concerning the textures i dont think you can use more than one texture per tool (therefore it will be the same texture for all the subtool) unless i’m missing something…here is the way i proceed to get lots of textures on the same model:
considering each texture are 2048* and i have let say 4 of them, and my model is in four part (one texture by subtool then) i make a 4096texture with all the four textures, ansd move my model’s uvs to match a layout that would fit that new texture (in maya, it is very easy to create a quick mel to move your uv page from one unit to the right/left/top or bottom, and scale or de-scale the all group to fit the Uv page…export all those .objwith this new layout, load ure nice 4098 in zbrsh et voila :slight_smile:
i think zbrush3 can handle a 8192
…need to check though

hope that helps :wink:

Aside from Abe’s advice, it seems that the only way to texture your model is to apply the texture, then convert it to polypaint colors. This is helpful in ZBrush, but not so much for exporting to other apps.

Thanks for taking time writing me this long explanation Abe, but i’m new to this software, and if there’s a simpler explanation? :smiley: Here’s the problem, when i append my subtool it takes the texture from the main tool…How can i remove the texture only from the subtool?
Here’s how ugly it looks when i append the belt :lol:
[attach=62529]bugnatovu0.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bugnatovu0.jpg

Borden, with body subtool selected (hide the others) go to a texture submenu in tools and check Tex>Col.

Now you can disable this texture and aply any other texture for all others subtools.

Good luck. :+1:

Thanks for all the help guys, here’s an update(this is not the final render):
[attach=63609]tretirenderas9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

tretirenderas9.jpg

Update, i made a bust out of him:) Hope you guys like it!

Looking good.

So how did you resolve the texture problem with subtools? I am getting ready to mat and poly paint a guy with about 10 subtools so i could use your advice as to how you eventually resolved it…

that’s batman :+1:

mnogo dobar model evalata sa6koo haha 1 bulgarin v toz smotan forum bee eeeii abe kak mina kandidatstvaneto :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i could realy use sombody explaning this propperly. iv been messing about 3 hours trying to figure it out.
every time i try it the texture goes on the other sub tools…
iv tried to polypaint…then i want the polypaint to go to a texture. then i want to polypaint another subtool and then convert that to a texture… how do you disable one texture to apply another…hmm somtimes things are not very logical…i realy want to learn this program but no matter how long i spend on it i never seem to get anywere… if only things worked like you think they should…im gona stick with it though and try to figure it out… but i sure could use sombodys help…can anybody write down a small tut on how to do this…borden seems to have figured it out…please sombody help im going crazy…
a step by step button press write down would be great :roll_eyes: :+1:

There are a couple of ways to texture and add different materials to subtools. They depend on whether or not you want to keep your UVS.

If you want to keep your UVS-
Import your oBJ and then go to Tool>texture and then hit colorize. Then paint your tool. After the tool is painted to your satisfation, Go to the main texture window and create a new texture. You will see your coloring disappear but don’t worry it is under the map you just created. Hit Color to Texture in the texture submenu and BLAM! There is your map. You will see the texture apply itself to other tools, but this is because the other tools do not have colors or textures applied.

If you do not have UVS on your model, or if you used disable Uvs, you have to create a new texture and then use GUV mapping to get them back and then hit Color to Texture again and you will have your new Map and UVs.
I suggest that you go to www.houseoftutorials.com. There is enough info there to get you started.

Oh and Nice Batman!

Fine work Borden…

Go ahead and finish it… :+1:

Ciao!

Hey guys, didn’t have time to post lately, but here’s the major update to my batman model, reworked everything from scratch, because i wasn’t satisfied with the past model.
Hope you guys like it! :slight_smile:
p.s.To all who still haven’t figured out the texture problem, Melantonio’s advice is the solution i used.
[attach=110634]begins1qc6.jpg[/attach]
123.jpg

Attachments

begins1qc6.jpg

Much better bat suit. And good likeness of Christian Bale!

Thanks, glad you like it!

excellent work, Its coming along GREAT… the head is super

Much better on the bat suite. What is the max polycount you are working with?

very nice work with Christian Bale face!

Thanks for the comments, my main goal was to make the head look like Christian Bale’s and McGergs the model is made of 15 subtools and is almost 10 million poligons.