ZBrushCentral

Some sketches and some ideas...

hi guys,
I was doing some tests with xsi, renders to be more precise, to improve my skin shader in mental ray, and I decided to start and make some ideas on the canvas. So here is the first, not very original and I really dont know who this fat guy is…maybe he has some features of my gandpa…dont know. Btw he is the first of many. I hope you like it.

fatguy_00.jpg

fatguy_01.jpg

fatguy_02.jpg

Attachments

fatguy_04.jpg

thumb.jpg

Attachments

fatguy_05.jpg

I’m loving those character models! For the skin shader, I think it could do with some more contrast, specifically more red. Maybe adjusting the specularity could change how it appears as well.

thx a lot, btw I have not worked on the shader yet :slight_smile:
I mean the heads still are in zbrush.

Nice, that bottom one looks like a smart version of John Goodman.

:smiley: The bottom one looks like Germany´s Ex Federal Chancellor Helmut Kohl when he was younger. Nice work!

marco

Yes, it’s Elvis Kohl! Aka The Pear 8)
L

eheheheh thx guys! I invented him taking inspiration from the guy from Sopranos, Bobby Baccalà :smiley:

first test on my skin shader (metal ray)
render_03.jpg

render_04_thu.jpg

Attachments

render_04.jpg

This is looking really nice. Congrats! I think his skin is to blobby. In the bump I mean. Those side burns and glasses are sweeet!

It is like one of the Baldwin brothers just let it all go. :smiley: :+1:
Too much weird bumpy thingys on the skin. Keep up the good work.

thx a lot friends, look now if it’s better:

[attach=63150]reneder_06.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

reneder_06.jpg

Love it! Looove it! That’s some really great work!

hey man thx I really appreciate it! and congrats for your work, you did really cool models!

I fixed a bit the bump again and the spec…
render_07.jpg

Thanks. I just hope to get at good at this as you seem to be. His skin looks so lifelike! Awesomeness. :slight_smile: I’m heading to CGTalk to add ya now. lol.

Looks like the actor John Goodman’s brother. Great job!

GREAT texture job! But the eyes - theyre so milky… little dead looking to me…

many thx guys.
I think I’m done with the skin, I’m working on the eyes now, check em out:
render_08.jpg