ZBrushCentral

Warhammer Inspired - The Lizardman

Hi Guys,

Haven’t posted here in a long time.

Here’s my work in progress of a lizardman, inspired from the Warhammer Fantasy tabletop battles game.

I’ll be progressively updating this guy as soon as I get the time between work :frowning:

Cheers,

Mark Soon

smaller image of the one above.
[attach=62549]lizardman_wip01_sm2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

lizardman_wip01_sm2.jpg

Nice model! I like the proportions and the pose.

thanks juan :slight_smile:

Here’s an earlier render I did before the zbrush 3 screenshot.

Just to see how the whole thing would look displaced.

Comments welcome!

[attach=62716]render_03.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

render_03.jpg

Looks utterly amazing, very clean and nice mesh…Cant wait to see it textured.

Close up of head and jaw underside… horns added.

Comments welcome.

[attach=62717]lizardman_wip02_face03.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

lizardman_wip02_face03.jpg

if you rendered in maya, would you mind giving a short explanation of your export from zbrush and set up in maya. I’m assuming with mental ray. :smiley:

I basically do what scott spencer does with the mental ray displacements. Search around for " scott spencer " threads and u’ll find them.

However, with this lizardman render, it was done in Modo 203. It’s just alot faster at rendering displacements and GI together than MR. :smiley:

Here’s the close to final version of the sculpt guys.
Crits/comments?

Cheers,

mark S
[attach=62663]lizardman_wip03_sm.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

lizardman_wip03_sm.jpg

Here’s the latest update guys,

very close to completion now…

Attachments

lizardman_wip04.jpg

Really cool work, looking really crisp now. Are you planning to texture him? :slight_smile:

Thanks Vidar,

I duno. i’ve been thinking of just leaving him as a marquette. Texturing him is just gonna take alot of time and more ram for the huge texture maps. I’m running really low as this guy has hit 10 million polys.

I’m open to suggestions tho. Do you guys think i should texture him?

Mark S

I think this is really amazing! I think you should not only texture him, but do the whole subsurface scattering, shading/lighting thing. My only crit would be that the lines that define his pectoral muscles should go more under the armpit and curve up a bit more at the center of the ribcage (at least i think that would be more accurate).

And a suggestion - have you considered adding a pair of smaller teeth protruding under the lip? Also, what about smaller spikes that go down the rest of the tail? Just a thought. Looking badass though, looking foward to see more.

Hi Fess,

I just realised, you’re so right about the pectorial lines. I totally overlooked that area. They do all pinch up and go under the pits. Thanks for pointing that out!

I didn’t refer to any anatomical references this time round on the lizardman , so what you see here is what’s entirely in my head ( which isn’t very accurate afterall LOL! ).

I’ve decided to leave the color textures and render him out as a marquette, as I really want to move on to my next piece of work. I think i’ve put wayyy too much time into mr. lizardman here.

But thanks for your crits man. I’ll surely apply them to my next project!

Mark Soon

Awesome work. Nice attention to detail.

Looks great!

Thanks for your crits and comments guys, much appreciated.

I was just asked to show my geometry in the Modo Luxology forums, so i thought i’d might as well post it here too since i’ve already uploaded the file on my server. Just incase those of you want to see it.

Thanks

Mark Soon

[attach=63023]lizardman_wip05.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

lizardman_wip05.jpg