ZBrushCentral

My first sculpt: A Murloc from Warcraft

Hi all!

After a while of lurking in the forums, reading tutorials and absorbing tons of inspiration I finally got my hands dirty with Zbrush, having very little knowledge in organic modelling, anatomy, etc.

For my first piece I chose the Murloc from the Warcraft games. I used ZSpheres for the base mesh, sculpted away, and posed him with the awesome Transpose tool! Next step would be to actually start polypainting.

Any advice/suggestions for this newbie would be really appreciated. Thanks! :smiley:

murloc2.jpg

Attachments

murloc_zspheres.jpg

murloc_posed3.jpg

murloc_posed2.jpg

That looks really good, do you plan to texture it?

the mouth/nose/chin part looks pretty nice.

the arms/hands needs more proportional tweaks and enchancement like in the reference pic. take a look at the intersection between the lower arm and the hands, same für the legs/feets.
they look to much like strong bondaged saucages^^.
the webs(? dunno if its the right word for it) r a very important thing on the murloc-chars too (elbow-region for example).
maybe u can pimp up the original murloc-design too^^.

but i would suggest to first work mainly on the head.

:smiley:

This is really interesting, but your character is really out of balance. The bulk of his mass should be balanced over his feet. There are three really quick ways you can do this, have him stand more upright, move his feet forward or make his tail larger to counter balance his head. Keep it up it’s a really nice start.

Cheers

-E

I love warcraft and this murloc looks very cool needs a bit of tweaking to the hands but omg I hope you are going to texture it and give it some nice rendering love : )) excellent for a first try.you got lots of talent.

is this really your first sculpting?

it looks nice, well at least for a newbie like me:confused: . its makes me a little sad you know, because my first sculpt not as good as yours