I appologize for not responding sooner I didn't get any e-mail notices that anyone responded to this thread.

Marsyas... Thank you!

Hey Neville... its good to hear from you again! Thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot coming from you! I hope things are going well on your project. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

jelee Thank you very much... I'm honored! I had fun making the zscript, I'm glad you liked it. I really enjoy loosing myself in all the subtle details.

nickz Thank you

Whistler Thanks! I think this software has set modelers free to express themselves more like the way painters can... and it keeps getting better

Here is the finished "Mushroom Man" and a quick study for a "Neptune" model I'm thinking about making, I hope you like it:

HEAD02.jpg
    Slumbering-Fungus.jpg

Thank you all very much for the kind words!! Makes me want to get modeling...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I love that mushroom! He looks like a wise but sour character.
    It's fun to already recognize some Z3 techniques and tools in that Neptune bust. The clay feeling is unmistakable. I thinks it's a beautifull face already. Somehow I always picture Neptune as a very severe and angry God. This face looks more mild and wise to me.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice job..keep good work...

Lovely.. especially that expression captured in the face of the mushroom
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Wow some how I have missed this thread until now. Really nice sruff madmac
    I love your style. I want to see more!

all i can say madmac, is Refined. You really have carved a nitch out in terms of styling for yourself...i think its one of the hardest things to do as an artist and you've done it, very sweet work.

It's soo cool your skill are very sharp: just a small suggestion, try to break the siummetry in Neptune's face it would make the image more interesting.thanks for sharing

I missed this thread, but better late then never, have to say; what great models you bring to the forum. Thanks for sharing.

nice update, although I must say that the excellent details on the mushroom's face gets slightly washed out in this render and doesn't do the model justice imo. great start on Neptune!

Plakkie- Thanks! The Neptune head was just a quick test. The model I'm thinking about making has him wrestling a sea monster... sort of, so I was planning on changing his expression a bit. But yeah I suppose he is angry most of the time. Thanks for bringing that up, I'll be sure to give him more of a bad attitude on the final model!

tftony- Thank you!

boozie floozie- Thanks! I wanted to make him look like he was having a pleasant dream.

monstermaker- I've been a fan of yours for a long time...Thank you very much for the compliments.

threetails- Thanks man!

jojo75- That's a good suggestion! I'll make sure I address the symmetry n the final model.. Thanks!

Giantsun- Thank you for the kind words!

Whistler- I agree a lot of the modeling did end up getting washed out, but when I accentuated the modeling with the texture map it ended up looking too harsh, so I got rid of it and stuck with a more softer look.

Thanks again everyone for all the encouraging words!!!

I haven't post in a long time, but I just couldn't resist to mention how much I admire you works! Even the ones you made in preschool... ok, I really overdid it this time. But really mad, AWESOME work, style, concepts and final images!
    I can still remmember the fish and the bird-skull models.

The asymmetric little guy is fabulous!

Great work as always and please keep posting!

PS.
    I still could bet some money that your preschool drawings were very cool too

Fidel

* Diary of a VSWIP 2 (Raguel) -updated 10.17.07-

elarcano.... Thanks man!!!

excellent models! nice textures!

Your organical style is amazing...... oO
    I love the way you create all details...

Great work with all these pieces. I love the mushroom!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast