ZBrushCentral

"J" is for Joker

“J” is for Joker and Chocolate Clubs. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is just something I’ve been tinkering with for a while learning the ins and outs of ZBrush3 (thanks Pixologic!).

(ZBrush3 + PhotoshopCS)

And here’s a little tutorial on how I found I could transpose multiple subtools, which helped me finalize proportions. (Perhaps this method has been mentioned before or someone knows a better way):

This is a flat shaded view I thought looked neat: (Flat renders help me easily isolate areas when adjusting in Photoshop)

And the original concept: (I originally mistook a Jack card for a Joker card, thus the strange final version) :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for looking! :slight_smile:

[icon.jpg[/attach]–>]](http://trans_tut.jpgjoker_flat.jpgjoker_sketch.jpg!<!–attachment-1.jpg|600x840icon.jpg

Attachments

attachment-1.jpg

Nice work. Finaly something totaly different :+1:

I like it a lot! Awesome :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen that method of transposing subtools before now. Very creative and very useful! Much better idea than combining subtools just to transpose. Thank you for that.

As for the card, I like it very much. Would like to see one done as your original concept sketch as well, and possibly some additional colors.

i agree with slosh that is an awesome method for transposing sub-ts.
question, is the gold striping on the jacket a subtool or did you just zadd and polypaint that on with another mat?

Bas Mazur: Thanks! Glad to be different. :slight_smile:

boil147: Thanks! :slight_smile:

Slosh: Thanks and glad to help! :slight_smile: I also miss my original design but the time I spent on this kinda killed my desire to do more. :stuck_out_tongue:

spaceboy412: The gold detail stuff on the clothing was done with zadd+polypaint(mrgb). The striping was done with lazymouse enabled to help keep things smooth. Also, I kept polyframe on so I could see the flow of the polygons as a guide while I drew them out.

Awesome work! Love the color scheme. :+1:

You should try using the Make1Mesh plugin so you don’t have to transpose each subtool at a time. You can merge the subtools, transpose the mesh, then split them back to the original subtools. Instant time saver!

Very great work and I hope to see more!!!

This is the first place I have seen a way to transpose multiple subtools in this manner and I’m happy you have explained the steps in an easy to understand fashion.

Thanks!!!

This is lovely work. I’d like a set of cards like this! And many thanks for the step-by-step; very useful. :+1:

Top class stuff…

Yikes! I’m at the top. :grimacing:

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

Jexton: Thank you! And thanks for the suggestion. I wanted to try to avoid combining the whole mesh to avoid the super high poly count and because I didn’t need to transpose them all.

Sazdum: Thanks! Glad to help. :slight_smile:

marcus_civis: Thank you! I’d love to make a whole deck but I think I’m burnt out on it right now. :lol: Maybe someday.

Buckie: Thanks! :slight_smile:

Very charming and I especially like the controlled , subdued color scheme …
thanks for the tutorial…

和以往见到的不同,你的作品能令人耳目一新,很喜欢你这个极具个性的作品。

Great work. I love the graphic style. As much as I like to see all the wrinkly skin folds and blubber fat on models, its work like this that helps some of us see that ZB3 can do lots of other types of effects.
Keep it going.
Also, real good idea to show that mini sketch too.
Chris(puzzle)Provine

vedanta: Thanks!
edgeart: Thanks, I think! :slight_smile:
puzzle: Thank you!

very nice work

Great! i love your style.

javalabala & ke: Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

very cool i really like it :sunglasses:

Very Good Work!!!
I really love it!

B R A V O!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: