ZBrushCentral

work doodle : kreacher

It was way too hot to work at the office today , luckily i’m alone in an office, so i fired up Zbrush :wink: and since i saw harry potter yesterday i gave this a try. Only had one picture to use as reference really, but i’ll mess with it some more at work if it stays this warm.
[kreacher.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘63808’,‘kreacher.jpg’,1,0))

Lol! Recognize him immediately, and I saw Potter yesterday as well.
Fun character, but he had very little screentime. It must be só hard fitting those ever growing books into a feature film. Nice one Namek!

I like your mat cap looks painted, mind sharing?

The matcap wasnt changed much , it’s that default brown one, i only increased the B depth a bit.
The painterly look comes from the realtime shadow settings , i messed around with those , afraid i didnt save the scene though. But it’s defintely the options in Render for preview shadows that gave the result.

[kreacher2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘63833’,‘kreacher2.jpg’,1,0))

Very nice! I like how you’ve done the eyes and eye area. Kame-ha-me-ha. :slight_smile:

Update : (some more time free at work)
[kreacher.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘64449’,‘kreacher.jpg’,1,0))

It’s still great, but I must say that in my memory that last picture looks less like Kreacher then the first two… I think it’s only the bigger eyes (higher upper eyelid?) that make me think that. Just my opinion, I don’t have reference.
Love those tiny wrinkles, really like those of a very old person.

Adjusted the eyes a bit again and some other stuff, thx plakkie , you’re right

[kreach3.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘64496’,‘kreach3.jpg’,1,0))

Working on his body:
[kreachbody.jpg]kreach4.jpg

[]

Really enjoyed that head/body image.It reveals his character more,well posed and the fine details really are wdoing thier thang lol!The grey hair really suits this guy,looking forward to more of this!

cal

Insane! What a strong face. The skin and color is just amazing. :eek:
It strikes me that the eyes seem a bit blurred in the blue and iris bits. Somehow in comparison to all the detail the ears seem a bit smooth to me, but that could be your decision.
May I ask which method you used to connect the body to the head?

Great work on this, will be great to see him as a whole. How many poly’s are you at right now?

Yea, in the movie he was a whole lot smoother in general really… but i sorta prefered this look, i guess i left the ears smooth because of the reference pic.

As for a method to connect. Head and body are just subtools, with normal brush setting and Zsub with the Wrinkle alpha selected I cut away at the body’s neck part till it merges in with the head’s neck part. With all the wrinkles going on , you dont notice the seam :wink:

I think i’m at 6 mil polys or so.

Smart! :lol: To bad my model is as smooth as a baby’s bottom…

Calling this one done , time for something else.
[kreach5.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘65739’,‘kreach5.jpg’,1,0))

excellent looking kreacher, grumpy and moody as always!

when you are done with this version, might you possibly make a version of the happy kreacher in the last book where he’s wearing a “fluffy white towel”? :wink:

I would , except that i’ve no idea what you are talking about :wink:

I’m afraid i don’t read the harry potter books, i usually just wait for the movies.

Cool! Nice job on this one, good luck on the next. :+1: :+1: