ZBrushCentral

Sirens WIP

Ok Its been awhile since i posted here, getting into all the great features of ZB3. But i thought it’s about time i should post some WIPS.

There's a fair bit I still need to do with this character, so I'll start posting my progress as i go.

All C&C's welcome as allways

thanxs
S

[Sirenhead1WIP.jpg]set2depth.jpg

Attachments

Sirenhead2.jpg

SirenFbodWIP.jpg

Love the Siren so far. Very sexy in a dark way…muhhahahaha…

She obviously needs a little tweaking on the elbow/upper arm…but I am digging her so far.

Are the appendiges on the corners of her mouth whiskers like on a catfish? or more of a tentacle type thing?

Glad you got started on her :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

Looking forward to updates on her for sure.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Thanks Ron

Yeah I need to work on the arms, quite a bit. I haven’t decided wether to have arms look normal or to add spines and fins down them yet. The appendages on the mouth are to be tentacals like those of a squid. I Initially had tusks there, but didn’t like them. still not to sure on these either.

I’'ve set her aside at the moment to concentrate on gettin the set done, a split screen of of above and below the water line. Sounds simple, but to get the ripples / Waves and reflection to look right is proving a bit taxing but getting there. Once thats done i can put her in and see which areas need to be tweaked. I also have a whale i’ve modeled, to sit in the distant with the top acting as a false Island and under the water level the whale will be evident.

I have this Idea of a siren, when out of water looks very human and quaint, but under water becomes this gnarled fearsome predetor.

Still not sure about these Matcap materials, and may go back to the old Mats. I don’t see the point in them, if they don’t react to light setups. Other than look good when modeling, like with clay.

And I hope with ZB3.1 ZB becomes more stable, I have lost hours of work with it crashing. I think an auto save wouldn’t have gone a miss.

Ok mate more postings coming soon.
S

I have this Idea of a siren, when out of water looks very human and quaint, but under water becomes this gnarled fearsome predetor.

Love that idea!!

The appendages on the mouth are to be tentacals like those of a squid

And that is kewl. I could picture that in my mind lashing out and either giving a choking embrace on the victim’s throat/neck, while she gets down to business on using the beautiful pearly whites to shred his face:D

Sorry to hear that it is crashing so much on you. I haven’t crashed mine too many times, but my problems are because I am using antiquated hardware. That should be changing soon though, I hope. And yes, auto save would be one helluva nice feature. I wonder if a script could be made to do that?

I love alot of the matcaps, but I am also using my 2.0 lights and mats too…At first they really didn’t react the right way, but I found that going into the Adjustments under the Render pallette, I was able to tweak them to work like they did in 2.0.

take care my friend and I will look for more updates on the Siren and your set pieces.

thnx for sharing,
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Ok after getting the water to reflect to almost the point i’m happy with will tweak nearer completion, I’ve started lay the set out, feel the main Whale maybe set better so will be moving it around till I’m happy.

I can now see all the details I need and don’t need to add to the Siren.

Texturing is all rougth at this stage.
[set1.jpg]set1depth.jpg
C&C’s welcome
S

HI Ron

I ment to have said this in me last post, yeah ZB seems to crash or get glitches, but I have a feeling it might be down to me OS. I’d been running win2k for years, then brought me mates XP edition off him now that he’s struggling with Vista. But I Installed it on to its own drive partition, as did with 2k but it took more space and I’m only left with 1gb on there where i like to at least have 2gb free on the OS Partition. So I’m wondering if it has some thing to dod with that and creating conflict with the virtual mem. As I’m aslo experiencing problems with photoshop which i’ve never had.

Also Firefox browser seems unstable. So it may not be ZB.

As with Matcap, i do like them for modeling and I guess once i really stick my head in to them I’ll find greater use for them. but as you can see on the textured version above, the body of the siren is a matcap all other materials are 0.2 and around the body i get a dark line once the lights are on and rendered. So i’m going to have to replace that material.

I do love the new ZB though, and as i said on onw of your threads their are so many possibilities my mind wants to take a project through with all the new features I end up going of on tangents wich slows my workflow down but should give me greater creativity in the long run.

Ok mate speak soon and now i have a rougth set layout, i’m back to sculpting the siren and then the whale island.

S

No offence, lady, but if looks were taxed, you’d get a refund :smiley:

Ok been working on the body form, reworked the jaw area, the hair is temporary just experimenting on sculpting the hair not the normal way i would go but decided to give it a go, instead of PS.

C&Cs welcome Thanksx for looking
S
[clr05.jpg]clr04.jpg

Attachments

clr06.jpg

ah cool,m thats a cool idea…
Pretty face above the surface, but monster below…
I love the idea! :+1: :+1: :+1:

well I’ve been a bit slack in posting updates on this, been making the most of the sunshine here in the UK, seeing as its abandoned us for most of the summer.

I’ve decided I’ll be doing the hair in PS at the end, working on some form of body armour in the form of an external sort off rib cage. Not fully happy with the way it’s come out so again I could be going back to the drawing board.

I’ve also decided to open the set canvas up to a landscape view, just a depth render added here for now.

pumeco Beauty is only skin deep:D!!! Thanks for the comments

Sebcesoir Thanks for youre comments, the idea has lingered in my mind for many a year now, I’m glad you like the concept and hope you like the final outcome when i have finished.

[side2.jpg]setup003.jpg

Attachments

side.jpg

front.jpg

I think this is coming along nicely. The idea is twisted and the more details you add the more interesting it becomes to look at. However I feel you have anatomy issues that make it look masculine. THe shoulders and the brow area in particular. Other than that, great job!

Thanks Bryan, yes I agree anout the masuline appearance and my wife keeps pointing it out to me. With the body, I’m not to concerned at this moment being that it’s mor creature. but the head does bug me and I keep tweaking the brow and upper cheekbones. I partly feel its because the large jaw area throws it all off. I will be doing some hair tests soon to see if that helps bring a mor femanin features.

But the some would say that the Sirens where androgenous creatures. S oI could go with that as a get out clause.:smiley:

Ok just playing with the set and added some base texturing and materials, need to fill out the negative space next. and parts of the Siren need better texturing. Using the MatCaps, it’s taking a while for me to get on with these. However afte my first experimenting with the MC’s to get a wet whale texture i was a little more than inpress. so I’m gonna continue with them.

the water, I feel stille needs work, not hapy with the way it reflects.

C&C’s always welcome. Thanks for loooking
S
[thumb.jpg]setup003col.jpg

Love the update. Your corrected the maleness on the human part of the head…definitely female looking now. My daughter thinks this piece looks kewl also. She loves the whale/island also…very creative. You always do such appealing works imho. I need to get back to trying to create a scene rather than just head and shoulders…lol… I also like the little feeder fish around her.

Thanx for sharing and looking forward as always for more.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Thanx Ron, I glad yourself and your Daughter like the way this is coming along. The feeder fish was flash of inspiration that came in the other night.

I also think i done the right thing opening the scene up, even though it means losing some of the deatails on the siren. What I have planned next with this i feel might prove a bit tricky to acheive but I’ll talk about that more once I know if get the idea to look right.

I’ll keep you posted
Thankx again S

Hi all been working flat out on this in all my spare time, few small details i want to work on befor is cal lit finish. but this is where I’m at.

I can’t decide if I’m happy with the planets in the background, other peoples thoughts would help me decide. all C&C welcome as usual, in fact hey will help me home in the finer details.

Its a large image so i’ll post somne close-ups tommorow
Ok thanks for looking and keeping tuned to this
S

[thumb.jpg]scene1.jpg

I like the update so far, Sha. I can’t make out what is one the underside of the siren though? A shield or breast plate of some sort?

I like the idea of the island on the whales back…and a bit of foliage…Is the whale that large or just large enough on the back to give the siren a place to sit and lure sailors to their doom? Or is it island size and another secondary trap or lure for boats?

I like the large bubble on her side, but I immediately thought it might be a type of jellyfish til’ I realized it had no tentacles.

Personally I love what you have done so far with the hair treatment. It ends at the water level…I think this is intentional? The siren apprears female no matter how much of her sticks out of the water, but anywhere the water meets and below is monstrous, right? Maybe opt for a few tuffs of soaked monster hair below the surface? Just ideas…

It’s still coming along very nicely though, my fried.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

ps. My sick mind at work…maybe a floating corpse somewhere in the water, partially devoured? Just a thought :wink:

Hi Ron thnks for the comments

I modeled a turtle shell, for a breast plate as i the original idea of having like an external rib cage, didn’t work in my opinion. but felt something should be there. So i follow with the threm of her using marine creature parts as armour and weaponry and Jewlery, the spear is modeled on tribal stingray spears, and necklace of shark teeth.

the whale is inteneded to be very large, in the sence that sailers would be fooled into thinking it where a real island. And yes yu are right with the that any part of her torso that would be out of water, would transform to a human form, I had thought about including another siren fully under water chasing a shal of fish, which would show the true form of the sirens head and another leaping out displaying your typical Mermaid apearance. But I felt this would make the image to busy.

With the hair, Intend to bring some locks into the water but need to work a bit to get that under water flow of hair look. I have also thought about adding maybe some wisps of seaweed tangled around her form.

ps. My sick mind at work…maybe a floating corpse somewhere in the water, partially devoured? Just a thought

Funny you should think like that:D Actually one idea i had forthis image was to go with a Sirens Wake. Where the Siren is leading a wake and the whale dragged a cradle with a siren corpse on. I also thought of bits of floating fish flesh, but again didn’t want to clutter the image up to much.

Ok my friend thanks again, and I will post some close ups later today.
S

Ok here are the close ups, I hope to have the final piece in a few days.
I need to sort the teeth out, and a few more post render touches.
headclose.jpg

Ron
I for forgot to mention in my last post that I hadn’t even considered the bubbles being taken for a Jellyfish. That may have been a better choice, picturing it in my mind!! Maybe the next one, this has sprouted a few concept ideas!!

Ok thanks for looking again

Attachments

TorsoClose.jpg

TorsoClose2.jpg

Whaleclose.jpg

Ok I think I’ve gone as far as i can with this now, though i did find 2 errors i had over looked at the last minute last night. So if you see anything amiss let me know.

Though I don’t seem to be getting many comments on this so far, Ican never judge if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Thanks to those who have commented through this thread
Ron / Sebcesoir / pumeco / Bryan its allways good to hear your comments and views. Thanks again.
Sha
[finalThumb.jpg]final3.jpg