ZBrushCentral

Oried The Viking! Concept and Model 3D

Hi all! I´m posting here my most recent Characther\ Model, Oried the Viking, that I did using Zbrush 3 and XSI. Here are some shots and the concept. I will do a paint over with this image. Hope you like! Best regards! Dalton

Oried_zb3_post_icon_post.jpg
Shot at 2007-07-23

Attachments

oriedzb3postlowld0.jpg

oriedconceptpostlowlc0.jpg

post01sdi1.jpg

post02sfb6.jpg

post03slv2.jpg

dude—this guys is amazing!!! nicely done, i love it. are you going to texture this guy? may sound weird but i think my favorite part is the hair. how did you make those pieces of hair flying around?

Very cool! Love the style. The mouth area is my fav. part!

Great job!

NickZ. :slight_smile:

awesome job, very nice. :slight_smile:

great job from concept to actual model. :+1:

Ive still have some noodle to eat befor get as good as you:o love the mustard shader that is pretty cool!

Dynamic, powerful, great to look at. I can already hear his battlecry. Great job Dalton! :+1: :+1:

this sculpt is wonderful… alot of fun… really laughs in the face of realism, too… this is a great example of how you can be cartoony in 3d without being cell-shaded, anime, or loony toons style… I cant wait to see it painted… my only crit is that his calves are too big, in my opinion

:smiley:
very cool, can’t wait to see it textured

Industripop: Thanks a lot man!! Yeah, I will texturing him and make this tatoo in his arm, as it is in the concept. Hey, it does not sound weird , ;), its one of parts that I´m very satisfied with the result. I make the flying hair as a subtool, but I did it in xsi, using lines, to obtain more control., and them I import it to zb. I could use zspheres for this, maybe next time.

Nickz: Thanks man!! Its nice that everyone has his own preferred part!..:wink:

Kyphur: Thanks man!!

Quanie: Thank you Quanie!!

YsenGrin: Oh, much thanks for the words man!! But I still have to train a lot too, its never done! Ah, the shader is the polkadot material, and the other is one that Antropus make available on the forum…;) Best regards!!

Plakkie: Man, thanks a lot for the battlecry comment!!

SalmonGod:small_orange_diamond:Thanks man!!I try to make a realistic cartoon,  in my own style, and I will try to paint and texturing him as soon as possible! Thanks a lot for the comment and critic! Best regards!! 

Askue: Thank you !! I will try to make it soon!

I really like your pose.

It’s so dinamic… :smiley:

great stuff!!

amazing sculpt Dalton!! finally i can see it finished!
great buddy!

Alex Oliver

Very cool. I’d love to see you detail out his crazy eyebrows. Everything else is so nice, but the flatness of the brows detracts.

Alec

one of the coolest things i have seen.

Hahaha hes awsome!

Looks awesome! :slight_smile:

Only thing I noticed is that his right hand doesn’t look to be gripping the hilt very strongly.

wuhuuu… great piece… it goes straight into my image ref folder.

-r

Really beautiful sculpt…well execute! :slight_smile: :+1:

Fantastic work. Great modeling and pose, i like the motion of it all.

Very very nice !
I love the motion/action…wow!

Lucky_1