ZBrushCentral

ZBrush MAGIC!!!!?

So, I’m working on my little minotaur tonight. Laying out his UVs in Maya to import back into Zbrush so I can get some readable displacement maps and such. I finally get 'em wrapped and laid out like I want :smiley: (me).

Now the fun part. Bringing them back into the ZTool, joy. I’ve happend problems in the past with exploding geometry, crashes, all that fun stuff. After the countless hours of work spent, I’d be more than a bit pissed off if the same happened again. And of course, it did :evil: (me).

Poor me. I’m working, trying all sorts of little tricks to get the same vertex order as the ZTL, import and exporting from Zbrush, flipping the normals, alligning the model on different axis. Nothing, just more exploding geometry and crashes :mad: (me).

Finally, I give up. :cry: I initiallize Zbrush, reopen the working ZTool and decide to check out the old UVs to see how bad they where. I click the col>txr button, and bam. The layout looks VERY familiar. I subdivide… no explosion, no crash! After checking it out in photoshop I find it is indeed the UV layout I had been trying to import for the past hour and a half. :confused: Mind you, upon each failed attempt I NEVER saved the tool… not once!! But there they were!

How!? When!? I don’t know, my mind is thoroughly blown now. Maybe during one of the crashes something was backed up or maybe it just MAGIC! I prefer to believe that it’s magic, cause that just sounds funner. Thank you pixologic for your wonderfully unpredictable and magic software…I guess…
WTFmate.jpg
So, I’ve come to the conclusion that Pixologic is not run by mere men. But rather Keibler Elves, who stir in a little sumthin’ special with every download! Thank you tiny men of the forest… thank you.
I felt compelled to share after that :lol: .
TJ

Really like your little minotaur :smiley: :+1:

Whats up, when you imported into my is where your problem lies. By default when you import my change vert order. It is really easy to avoid. the tick is to check Create Multiple Objects to False in the import options box.

This is a great looking character you have here. Can’t wit to see it all finished up. What external app are you using?

Peace,

NickZ.

that’s a sweet model there man. love the gesture

Yeah, it’s Maya. I don’t think it was on the import, I’m pretty sure I had make multiple objects off. I think I’ve narrowed the culprit to deleting history. So yeah… don’t do that either. Maya is so finicky. Thanks all.