ZBrushCentral

Its a Monster!

See last post for latest version (due to style change)

[][monsterwebcolormap.jpg]

This has sort of expanded from a single speed model session into a 2 session model so thought it may deserve its own thread. This is just a preview render with the levels upped abit.

Wayne…

He looks pretty cool!
I have to ask, why did you mosaic out those parts?
I just picture him flipping me off, somehow with both his hands and feet.

I had a feeling someone would ask lol. The simple reason is they are simply rough place holders till to knock out some more detailed hands and feet. I didn’t see much point in getting crits for parts that aren’t going to stick around lol. Hopefully that will make sense.

Eventually I’ll probably render this out in XSI as its been a little while since I rendered something out externaly to post here. I’ll post a grey uncolored screenshot later today.

Wayne…

[minimonster2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘64883’,‘minimonster2.jpg’,1,0))

Yes, it is strange to just blur out his hands and his feet. It is hard to crit because it is so strange.

It is just distracting.

But his texturing is looking good.

Reloaded

[[attach=64435]widdlemonster3-SM.jpg[/attach]]widdlemonster3-SM.jpg

OK I made the decision to take this in a different direction style wise last night. I don’t normaly do lots of extranious detail as a rule, but felt this sculpt could do with some. So I’ve dumped the texture which I’ll redo and restarted from an earlier save point.

I stil haven’t gotten around to redoing the hands and feet yet. (Originally they were blurred as not every ZBC user’s first language is english and it seemed a good idea at the time to ilustrate to prople who dont speak english that those parts were effectivly ‘dumped’.)

Wayne…

[attach=64447]widdlemonster3-MINI.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

widdlemonster3-MINI.jpg

[gunMonster.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘64459’,‘gunMonster.jpg’,1,0))

Added some guns done in zb… would have liked to detail them a bit more but polycount is getting stretched a bit.

Wayne…

lurvely stuff as always wayne
like a fantasy monster masterclass
i know it’s not 100% human but does stuff like that happen in knees in human’s too? you have a totally solid knowlegde of physiology and was just wondering
also how are the guns reloaded? lol
cheers

Thanks man.:slight_smile:

With the knees when blocking out the medium forms human knees just weren’t cutting it design wise, for some reason it made the legs look unbalanced a little. So I made a few changes to human anatomy to give something that while technically incorrect, I feel flows better for the eye. Others may disagree of course, thats the beauty of asthetics, everyones outlook is different. Sometimes you can get away with breaking the rules, sometimes you can’t.

Well the guns are powered by the infinity plasma psychic shielding system, thus enabling them to never need to be either reloaded or buttons pressed to fire them. (LOL which is probably as good an explanation of ‘oops I forgot that bit’ as your ever likely to hear . :d ) Of course there is the small question of how he goes to the toilet, but as his genitalia is ‘missing in action’, he only has the back end to worry about…now you know the reason why you dont see his bottom lol.

I still want to get around to doing a proper texture for both him and the guns. At this stage I’m unsure whether to go for a zbrush render or use XSI…

Wayne…

thanks for that explanation wayne
personally with the toilet problems mentioned i’d have gone with a product from pooptech- but it’s your call and the extra piping does tend to get caught on stuff lol
cheers

Another direction change…

[MONSTERcomp2-strip.jpg]

I did a few tweaks on this again, mainly shader, sharpening up details on the sculpt etc… I gave him a slightly more interesting pose tha the old ‘relaxed T pose’ one from before.

I probably wont do a whole lot of work on this till MD3 comes out now, barring last minute insperations of course. :wink:

I mainly dragged this one out to test a new xp64 install with zbrush. So far so good. :slight_smile:

Enjoy

Wayne…

Looks pretty good! Although I like the previous texturing a bit better only because I could see the form a bit better.

[MONSTER-BW.jpg]

Thanks, the texturing is 90% exactly the same to be honest, but the shader I used to geet a better skin effect changed and darkened it a bit. Although you did inspire me to see what converting it to black and white only would look like as you can see above :slight_smile:

Wayne…