ZBrushCentral

WIP: Male Nude Study

Hey Everyone,

I am doing another male nude study. Trying to get it more accurate than what I already have it. Looking for comments and crist.

[HeadSM_01.jpg]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
Technical Artist

Firstly my advice is to use preview shadows while using matcap materials if you want accurate models. Also i mainly use basic materials while i’m working. It gives more control, imho.
To being accurate don’t forget to activate perspective camera if you didn’t. A value between 80-100 is ideal.

And some critiques about your model.
The main proportions looks good. The neck looks too much wide on front and back views. You should check some front photos of this type of male to correct this. Also eyelids need more work.

Keep it up.

Thanks Turx,

Just started playing with ZB3 so I am very greatful for the additional comments.  :) ;)  I was getting frustrated with the shadows.  I think I do have it on the render type preview.  It doesn't seem to look the same though as it first did before I played around with the render features.  I must have done something.  Maybe it will go back to the same when I open it up again.  The guy looks way better in my opinion when I was sculpting him.  lol  Those eyelids have been giving me problems.  I had just reworked them before I posted good to know they need more work which I don't doubt at all.  I was working without a photo reference but I am thinking about using a photo reference here very soon I am just trying to decide who to use as my reference.  I was thinking of doing Vin Diesel but I am having a hard time getting good pictures of him.  

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Hey Turx,

Here are the perspective camera and shading corrections that you suggested. It went back to the standard shading setup that I had when I was sculpting. I like it so much better. Thanks for the info on the perspective camera. I looked at the eye lids some more and they need a lot of work. I have not had a chance to work on them and the neck yet.

[HeadSM_02.jpg]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Hey Everyone,

Does this neck and eye lids look fixed to you? I realised when I was fixing them that this was not my newest model for the head when I decided to redo the model. The prior one had the neck tappered in along with the eyelids fixed. I also detailed the neck up a good bit more. So I guess another question I have for everyone is should I detail out the muscles in the neck or should I leave the neck as is?

HeadSM_03.jpg

This was the Previous Head that I did: Here you can see a more defined neck
[attach=64669]RealisticMaleHead_06.jpg[/attach]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Attachments

RealisticMaleHead_06.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Here is the ear corrections. The ear did not make it in the transfer, so I had to resculpt it also. Hopefully its more accurate now.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
Technical Artist

Hey Everyone,

Here is an update with the Body and the first steps with the armor.  Comments and Crits Welcome

[

]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Hey Everyone,

Here is the Low Poly Game Model Version. [![LowPolyMaleBodyArmor_02.jpg|1200x720](upload://lrZ39dJdgQYJs3ndVscF8je5dyX.jpeg)] Cheers, Nate Nesler

Hey Everyone,

Here is the normal map of the 7,800 low poly model from the high poly model male. Comments and Crits Welcome.

[MaleNormalMapBody_02.jpg]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Hey Everyone,

I made an update to the guys foot hopefully this one is more accurate. Let me know if it looks off at all.

[MaleSideNoPerspFoot_02.jpg]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Looking pretty good, what I might suggest is focusing on the eyes a little more, sinking them in a little might help it appear more realistic.

Hey James,

I tried redoing the eye region today but it did not go well. I am going to have to take another shot at it. At least I did manage to make the foot look better.

[MaleBodySideNoPerspFootUpClose_03.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘65162’,‘MaleBodyWireFrame_01.jpg’,1,0))

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Attachments

MaleBodyWireFrame_01.jpg

Hey James,

Here is some updates to the eye regions along with the lips and the nasal lavial fold. I am not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for. I am wondering if the regions around the base of the eye lids need to be recessed further.

[Head_07.jpg]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Very detailed Character and relative Armor…

I like it!

:slight_smile:

Hey Piz,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner I got pulled away on other projects. The armor is a WIP and here is the unfinished forearm armor. I am really enjoying the new brushes in ZBrush 3.1, and I am still adjusting to using them. I am already getting ideas of some custom brushes I would like to make. I have been looking over Giger's work trying to see how he went about his workflow. I absolutely love his work. I hope you like the update. Comments and Crits always welcome.

[ForeArmArmor_01.jpg]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Hey Everyone,

Here are some test heads from a base mesh. The 2 Asian heads were done in about 30 minutes. Actually I did 4 Asian heads in 30 minutes but I only liked 2 of them. The Old Man head took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete. Comments and Crits are welcome.

[OldMan2AsianHead_01.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘67113’,‘OldMan2AsianHead_01.jpg’,1,0))

Cheers,
Nate Nesler