ZBrushCentral

Sea Rex

Hi everybody!

Marc Boulay and me, we have just finished our work for “Sea Rex”, a teaser for the 3D relief film realized by Pascal Vuong.

Here is the first critter, Ramphorhynchus, a pterosaur of the Upper Jurassic modelled by Marc, that I textured with Polypainting and organic textures in ZBrush3.

Hope you’ll like it!

rampho.jpg

Attachments

Rhamphorhynchus06.jpg

Nice work there. This reeks of talent.

Wow! You are such an inspiration! Wonderful works!!!

Great work Sylvia; good to see some more work from you and Marc. :+1:

Great work :+1: .The wings are amazing, what did you use to make them?

Thank you very much Marcus.
Your message is very pleasant for our heart and our mind :o

Thanks again “Moderatosaurus marcus civiis:wink:

Best All

Dionisis21 > Thanks. All made with ZBrush 3.0

Some Wips here…

Concerning the wings, I used this butterfly, “le grand paon de nuit” that I shooted with Nikon D70 (with AF Mikro Nikkor 60mm). Then I composed it with photoshop and Zapp link…

Rhamphorhynchus03.jpg

Attachments

Rhamphorhynchus04.jpg

Rhamphorhynchus05.jpg

Rhamphorhynchus06.jpg

Hi, a question: Zapp Link for Zbrush 3 ?

keep on the good work :+1:

well done!!
congrats 4*!!

i like the skin variances, why did you post the butterfly? is it to compare between nature and fiction?!

regArts
k0s

in fact, Pixologic team offered me the possibility to beta test the previous versions of ZBrush 3… :o
So I could test too ZApp link2. Now, I suppose it’s coming soon! :sunglasses: :+1: :wink:

DocChaos, thanks! > The butterfly was not only a reference but I used its wings (the upper wings) to make the skin variances of Rhamphorhinchus. :slight_smile:

Mes hommages! This is really outstanding work, and I do hope to see a lot more. If you ever would find the time for a kind of tutorial, even a basic how-you-work, I would be very interested.

I did see you have those three tutorials in your signature, but neither InternetExplorer, nor Firefox allow me to follow the links. Somewhere in the forum code it always redirects to the main page.
So if you could (please) tell me about where to find them?

thx a lot for your answer, now i know the zapp link version for zb3 does exist. i´ll hope they release it one of these days.

Indeed. Good deduction Dr abraXas!

I visited your site (www.sylvialorrain ) and found three how to movies. If these are the tutorials, then I saw them.
BTW: I bookmarked your site as it’s something I want to visit again, and enjoy the work in a more relaxed way.

Aeneas, the 3 previous links on my sign are not found now. I didn’t know it, thanks!!! :cool: . They were previous threads on ZBC and can be opened via my user gallery.

About demos:
With Marc Boulay, we made 3 demos last year with ZBrush 2:

• Sea Monsters is a presentation of our work
  • Making of is from the Zspheres to the final illustration
  • Tutorial was to show the steps between ZBrush and Photoshop to make an illustration.
    We really hope to make soon new demos or tutorials with ZBrush 3!!!

Some Wips of Marc’s modelling of Rhamphorhynchus…

Rhamphorhynchus07.jpg

Attachments

Rhamphorhynchus08.jpg

Rhamphorhynchus09.jpg

Thanks! I found your previous threads and without wanting to say that it’s the app that did it (you are the artist, the app the tool) this Zapplink looks something to want. I’m now starting the liopleurodons thread…

for Sea Rex, “An around-the-world view of the main Mesozoic marine reptile species”

Lio01.jpg

Attachments

lio02.jpg

Truely som fantastic modeling and texturing here, I like how you have acheived the texturing from the Saturnia Pyri, or the Great Emperor Moth as we call it in the UK ( Not that we get them over Here) you have given me a geat insight into grabbing some textures from my Bug Collection;)

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Looking forward to seeing more
S

damn I didnt knew thos things were existing!
Creepy!

Blimey, just catch that halitosis! :wink:

Great work!

As always - AWESOME work!!!

I always loved dinos as a kid, but both of you have revitalized that passion. I even caught my self remembering the cool names and how cool it felt to be able to say them as a kid. Not sure how they sound to others right now, but down here in the deep, dark, pit they sound really cool!

Really beautiful moth as well. :wink: