Oh considering you're one of the few people i know who does animals i figured i'd share with you some that i am working on. I'm not striving for hyper realism , just more of an impressionistic look. The fur will be sculpted once i pose them together, eventually the piece will be about my marriage
    I got sidetracked working in Jason's thread (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...ewpost&t=55827), hopefully i'll be done by the weekend with that.

ZBrush Dofffccument.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hey space thanks for the comment and critiques ill try to fix the things you mentioned with subtools. Im trying to start a body for him now i think i will be incorporating more subtools into my sculpts more for ease of adjustment and experimentation. Been working on the body a litlle just need to figure out how to attach it to the head so they interact with each other when sculpting. Realy been likeing what you have been doing on jasons comic thread and i really like the animals you posted they all have great form were the base meshes made in silo or out of zspheres? i really love them all thanks again space and say hi to the rabbits for me.

I do have to ask a question though what size tablet would you suggest for a 22" widescreen would 6x8 intous 3 still work or should i get the 6x11 intous 3 or does the aspect ratio really make a difference? Because i really need to move to a wacom instead of the mouse i have been useing. im sure it will be a giant leap control wise.thanks for your help space.

Thanks troy, all made from zspheres, i'm not sure i even need to use any other app anymore considering i don't want to do animation.
    As far as your head/body issue, i would suggest making a full figure, what i mean is make the body and the head out of zspheres or however you make your mesh's, then slightly pose the head so its mouth is open like your dog is right now and use either Projectall which is in the subtool palette, or zproject(i'm not very fond of this). the result will be very close to your sculpted head, you may have to do cleanup in certain areas where there is pinching/overlapping or holes, but this is really not the big deal everyone makes of it.
    About the tablet: i'm working on a normal 17" not a widescreen so i'm not sure, I'm using the intous3 6x8, but i've made it where i only use a region of it which is about 5x6, you can do this in the preferences, and just to make it easier on me so i don't go out of that boundry i've put electrical tape on the tablet(harmless) so my pen has somethign to butt up against. I guess it depends on how much you move your arm, when you draw do you like to draw on big paper? for myself i prefer to draw in sketchbooks that are only 4x6 and most of my drawings dont go above 1x1". i suppose that if you are planning on using the full area of your tablet you might have to go with the wide one otherwise it might be strange.

Default Hey Troy.. nice sculpt

Hey Troy,

Glad to see you got back to zbc and with another sculpt. Way to keep em coming! Bah back to a sphere again, figured you'd be hitting the zspheres after our last discussion.. you know you love em! Spaceboy gave you some good food for thought and will help you improve that nice sculpt. Keep them coming!

SpaceBoy: Hey bud, you need to make your own thread and post your work, always said you got good stuff bud. I know I'd like to see more.
    "The horizon is ever bright for those continueing to seek it!!"
    --AngelJ

angel, the last thing zcentral needs is another thread like what you suggest, no offense to troy, cause he started this back in august, now they're popping up every 5 min, and as some of the other oldies said it all seems to be people trying to either get top row or their portfolio seen and i'm soooo not interested. bob dylan has this line "it ain't no use a-talking to me It's just the same as talking to you" you know what i mean? or maybe its more like carpet bombing, eventually you'll hit something, get some fame, aquire some fanboys etc. yawn. hey you know what letter is not in art? "z" unless you are talking about "artz" and he blew up

oh yeah troy, i know i said that eye needs some fixing, try to remember that the eyeball itself is really large in the socket and only a third or so of it is actually visible, that should help you.

Default Thats one way to look at it I suppose hehe..

Spaceboy,

Ha, you crack me up. Definitely one way to look at it. I figure more folks consolidate their work the less actual threads we will have. Not to mention I love seeing work from anyone willing to show there stuff, so much creativity out there. Helps some continue to push forward and get better at their art with each post they make. Least you can take it as a compliment. Ok nuff said on that, troy post another sculpt to keeps us on topic.. your work!
    "The horizon is ever bright for those continueing to seek it!!"
    --AngelJ

New Member Follow User Gallery

Where have you dissapeared to? People crave updates!

a sketch that I did to show my friend whats possible with zbrush from simple a primitive tried to get more detailed then usual originally intended it to be a deer but went a different way all together. sorry about the long absence hopefully i will be getting back into it reguraly.
    deer concept 1.jpg
    deer concept steps 1.jpg
    deer concept workflow.jpg
    Last edited by troy1617; 04-13-08 at 12:42 AM.

very nice troy, i like the hair and scales, there is also a nice expression on the animals face

thanks space i tried to get more detailed then usual with it and put a little more realism and life also then before. really enjoyed the pieces you showed me they all had alot of life and expression in them. so i think im going to try to incorporate some of that into my future pieces.
    thanks again space..

here is something i started last night from zspheres after watching jasons video tip on zspheres thanks jason for that it helped greatly really love the stick method.
    dino sculpt clay 3.jpg
    dino sculpt 1.jpg
    dino process steps low to high 1.jpg
    dino sculpt 1 side.jpg

Last edited by troy1617; 04-30-08 at 06:00 AM.

hey thats looking good troy, i'm not sure why you made the head separate. also i might be the only one but i've run into problems with jason's zres settings of 1, but i usually end up using the xyzadjust(now zsphere tweaks) script near the end anyway, you should look into it.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...&postcount=109

i look forward to seeing you detail out the body and add some dynamism to the pose.
    one thing to consider in creature creation is predator/prey. i've noticed that your creature is obviously a carnivore due to its teeth, however i would have to guess a scavenger not a hunter because if it was the eyes would face forward, just something to think about.

hey thanks space i plan on hopefully detailing it out when i get the basic anatomy and major forms filled out. Yeah the head was just what i started with and it turned out that my friend was thinking it would look good on a dinosaur so i guess thats why there not connected to each other yet. Yeah i have run into a few problems also with the stick method but most of the time seems to give me clean results. Yeah i looked in to that plugin before i was kind of waiting for him to get finished with the full version but i think i will try it out some more thanks.

Yeah i think i am going for a scavenger type thanks space for the insight by the way love the way your giraffe concept turned out you really have me thinking about joining that now.

well sorry about the long absence but the mouse was killing my hand so i decided to just wait till my wacom came. heres is my first wacom sketch i have to say i find it is alot easier on my hand and wrist and i can have a lot more control with it zbrush feels way more natural then it did. I hope i can adapt quickly to it right now it still feels a little weird. heres where its at so far sculpted from a sphere.
    alein head sketch.jpg

also is there any way to get the slider bars to work in zbrush for like adjusting size, focal shift or zintensity if there isn't some one should really think about integrating it in the next version.
    Last edited by troy1617; 05-23-08 at 11:59 AM.

This guy looks great man.

Bryan Wynia
    Blog

New Member Follow User Gallery

great sculpts troy. I really like the last one. As for the slider bars, what do you mean by "work"? Just move them left and right, also there are short cut keys for them. S, O and some others, also spacebar brings up the whole shabang. Great work man, keep them coming.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast