ZBrushCentral

Tutorial: Concept Sculpting

This tutorial is based on the Concept Sculpting method shown in the Next Step movie. It provides a quick and easy way to build a model based on concept drawings.

06.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

sculpt-final.jpg

:+1: Wow this is super cool feature…thank you so much for enligthening us all.

Thank you Marcus, im always here when there is something new coming out from you, many thanks for this little gem of tutorial, i was wondering what it was when i first saw the ZB3 video.

High regards.

Very nice technique, and good to see it explained in depth. It’ll spare newcomers from having to slow down the ZB3 intro video and working it out themselves. :laughing:

Marcus, one way i’m getting around having to hide the poly groups is that i turned off double sided on the cube and fliped its normals, seems to be working pretty good so far.

Marcus! thanks for the tutorial!

spaceboy… thank you for this supercool trick!!!

have fun,

chem!

Yes, I thought that would work but I kept losing the polypaint. Sorted now though, you have to have UV disabled for the cube before flipping.

í really like your tools, but i would love if you made a videotutorial for your tools. its much easier to understand, especially for me thats not that good in english to follow a video to see how you do it then reading text.

joyster,

I understand that a lot of people prefer video tutorials. I’ll see if I can do one when I’ve a moment.

Awesome feature and thanks so much for laying it out so clearly for us! :+1: :+1: :+1:

-Ryan

Hi Marcus,

thanks a lot for this. Is it ok with you if i translate your tutorial into german pack it into a pdf and post it on a forum? Of course with all the necessary credits :wink:

Thanks again for another lifesaver.

thanks .i like this totutial of sculpt :smiley:

Thanks for the comments, :slight_smile:

dsoellbuster,

Yes, do translate it if you wish, just include a link to this thread in the pdf.

Cheers,

Great Tutorial, thanks for sharing

Hey, Marcus, why don’t you make a youtube video for this or perhaps some sort of downloadable file like a PDF? I’m sure that people would appreciate having a version they can downlod and view offline.

Revanto :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I forgot to mention: At the reference box stage, you could also import a pre-UV mapped box instead of fiddling with the details in ZB. Plus you can subdivide the hell out of the box (with smoothing turned off) and convert the texture into painted polys. I don’t think it’s necessary but it’s an option. … Actually, now that I think of it, I don’t see the benefit of converting the reference object into painted polys except maybe to save some memory.

Anywho, I babble on…

Revanto :stuck_out_tongue:

Err… I guess I’m slow but, of what movie is talking about? I only see plain text on the post and several image attachments but not a single “Next Step Movie” :S

The movie I’m talking about is the one that advertised ZBrush 3 before its release. You can download it here:
Next Step Movie

Thank you very much for your tutorial, I used it to do my first model :wink:

I will take it ,Thank you !