ZBrushCentral

How to get in the gallery

Hey everyone,
I was wondering how is it possible to get your model in the gallery on the top of the site?
thanks

bit of an arbitrary thing, I reckon…I’ve seen 17X 5* votes over weeks and no
top row, and then somebody posts something and gets 3 5* votes in an
hour and they’re top row <shrugs>

best advice: ‘make it interesting’ :smiley:

good luck! :slight_smile:

I am a bit disappointed as well, about my image not getting to the top row, although it was five stars, and won cgchoice award, and receieved 3d total excellence award as well. I shrug, and continue working…that’s the best, since picking top row items is very subjective.

just got to catch attention from the right people… I can think of a couple forum authorities who likely make the call for top row, but they pop up in rather random places… I can never tell where I’m going to see them next or which fantastic image will be granted the honor

like WailingMonkey said… make it interesting… I’ll go one step further and throw out the words quality and innovation… it seems to me like they often give top row to the people with the most unique/creative images and uses of the software… although tributes/studies of traditional sculpture and painting seem to be popular in the gallery as well shrug

Thank you guys, Ill try my best to make it interesting, although I’m still really new to ZBrush

There are many factors involved in the selection for what will be in the top row.

• It must of course show an emphasis on ZBrush.
  • It helps if it clearly shows how ZBrush was used.
  • It should appeal to or have info that is useful to a wide number of other users.
  • It also needs to be different from what is already in the top row at the time. Sometimes multiple threads appear at the same time that are feature-worthy, but if their thumbnails would look pretty similar or their subjects are much alike then only one will be chosen.
There are other factors as well, but those are the major ones.

Try a bribe.
Aurick prefers small bills, delivered late at night!!!

I’ve tried that…didn’t work.
Maybe coins instead? For that shiny look and lil jingle jangle it makes in the pocket? :wink:

Meats’ first top row cost him a dinner.
Maybe coupons to McDonalds?

What you should really be asking is how do you get the
tshirt nobody talks about.

Meats had to paaaaaay for top row? The noive’a some people :wink:

I’m afraid tho, McD’s is a bit beyond my price range…maybe some Oreo’s?

Pssst, aurick…so, about those cotton short sleeves items of clothing, that I’m not realllllly talking about- when can I get one? Huh, huh, when? :wink:

Anyway, Juiceboxx- creative is good, something straight from your imagination - I 5* when I see something that just makes me say- Wow! I never would’ve thought of that. Or, for characters- holy true-to-life batman! For starters, just go with anything you can think of, post it up for comments (you will learn so much here, and people will point out things that you may not see after staring at it for so long) and pretty soon we’ll all be saying…ahhh, yess, Juiceboxx, we knew him when.

Good luck!

Wow thanks guys for the answers. Yeah I hope youguys will soon say that you know me :smiley: it would be awsome!

I hope youguys will soon say that you know me

How much is it worth to you?

interesting topic :+1: