Member Follow User Gallery

Default Dancer anatomy study (mild nudity)

Hi all,

Just having fun with ZB3 and figuring out the transpose tool. The "armature" started in Maya as a very rudimentary stick figure in a "Da Vinci pose" and then went from there. The final render was in ZB. I'm still trying to figure out how light positioning works in ZB, but hopefully it's not too bad at the moment. Any thoughts welcome.

P.S. Sorry if this post doesn't load up the image. I think I understand how we post but ... Here's hoping
    Dancer.jpg

Love the pose and the muscular form.. good work.

as a hint for the image: try adding the automatically created [att]...[/att] tag that the editor offers you.. you can just drag and drop it into your post and have the image show up in it.. that way you will get thumbnailed in the new threads-pics too ;-) that seems to help getting views
    would you please subdivide me?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

really great model. love the pose she really looks as if she is dancing. keep having fun.

Use the [ATC] tag to upload the image to full size. Excellent model.

nice model. Beautifully sculpted. Great sense of movement. You're right seavannah she does look like she really is dancing.

Default Thanks!

Hi all!,

Thanks for all the kind words. It's always a little intimidating to put stuff up for other artists to look at, but one of the things I have always liked about Zbrush Central is the sense of support and constructive critique by the artists in the community. Also thanks for the help with figuring out the attatchments thing, it's kind of silly: I use Maya everyday and have for nearly 7 years but I still have virtually no clue as to how to do anything relating to the internet beyond simple research...sigh. Again, thanks everyone!

Johannes

very cool! I have been looking at dancer references alot lately too. I like the pose and how the abdomen twists from the hips to the rib cage.

I started a little reference page on my site of dancers as well (only one video for now as I am only looking for the best stuff). Youtube has really opened alot of doors for those of us looking for dynamic reference.

The contrasting axis of the arm, forearm and hand are really cool.

Ryan
    UArtsy - the Online Art School

Default Experiment in texture painting the sculpt

Hi All!,

It's been a little while since this sculpt got any work, but I got asked to do a color version of the piece so I decided to have some fun with the new poly-painting as well as trying to figure out exactly how materials in ZB work. (especially the double/tri/quad shaders and how they determine their blending). What I wanted to go for was the look of one of the various patinaed bronzes (There are a lot of great examples of variations on such finishes in a magazine called "Sculptural Pursuit", especially in their advertisements). At first this was something that I thought could be done partially via procedurals, but I find it very hard to understand how you add those to a material in ZB and it seemed even harder to control them, so eventually I made a bunch of textures and just started painting (there was an incredible temptation to throw my hands up, fire up Maya and Mental Ray and do it that way, but I really want to see what we can do with just ZB.). This was also my first time trying out doing an "underpainting" of heavy mottling followed by a more transparent series of smoother textures and colors being applied, and I think it worked out ok (although I still need lots of practice). If anyone has any thoughts on the whole materials thing and how they blend, or good work flows that they use with materials and would like to share, I'd love to hear them .
    As always critiques and comments are always welcome!

Johannes

Female_Dancer_T_to_Post_1.jpg

Female_Dancer_T_to_Post_2.jpg

Wow, I missed this thread. Really fantastic work!