Senior Member Follow User Gallery

eepers creepers! thats awesome and highly disturbing great work.. and thanks for ruining my sleep :P

Superb! Great idea, concept and modeling! Some WIP for us? Cheers!

Hey thanks, guys.

Sergio, I'll try to make some screen shots of some WIP when I get a bit of time.

T

Default Parasite Finished

Hi all. OK, finished this guy. Polypainted and rendered in Zbrush with some customized materials. Comp in PS CS3I'm happy-ish with the renders and could easily have done a good deal more with this guy. I also had an idea for an alternate color scheme for the creature where it was shiny black with some reds. Honestly i just couldn't justify spending any more time on this. Too many other things needing my attention. Crits always welcome.

T

This is grotesque ! This is very cool!

Nice job with the final. I totally understand about wanting to move on to another thing. My only critique would be that overall the entire thing feels a bit too shiny in some areas and perhaps not enough in others. I would think the majority of the victim's skin would be rather dull and the inside of the parasite/edges of skin and other bits be sort of glistening wet. Pretty much what you have but less specularity on the skin of the victim in most areas. Just a thought in case you do re-visit this.

Otherwise looking forward to whats next!
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.
    http://figmentpigment.com/

Default Extremely impressed!

To echo the sentiments of other replies, I felt inspiration has been garnered from 'The Thing', not that, that takes anything away from the creativity or execution of this fabulous piece of artwork, as I am deeply inspired by your visionary realisation.

Keep up with the perpetually inspiring masterpieces.

Hey thanks very much, guys. I really appreciate the feedback.

The Thing: Actually, I wasn't thinking of that at all and only noticed it myself when the sculpt was fairly far along. The idea was a corpse that has been ingested from the inside by a growing creature, and then is rotting away at the same time. The idea came from the way some insects reproduce by laying eggs on a live, paralyzed victim that then grows inside the paralyzed insect, feeding off it as it grows.

The similar aesthetic of the Thing's broken and corroded human form with nasty creature bits is undeniable, and Rob Botin's original work was a conceptual revelation for me, so it's very likely it influenced the concept, even if only on an unconscious level.

Figment: Totally makes excellent sense. Very good comments. I just think I'm through with this guy and need to move on. Too much else I have to work on, and I am sooo ready to start a new piece of my own.

T

Default Alien character

Hey all. Here's a personal piece I've done. I'm a huge fan of classic sci-fi artist Frank R. Paul (look him up if he's new to you -- great stuff). This idea was sort of done with his sort of aesthetic on my mind. I originally had intended to do this poly-painted and then developed in to a fully rendered scene as I usually do, but I may just move on. Time will tell.
    Anyway, it's a tentacle-like-armed alien in a hi-tech chair-type thingy
    Crits and comments welcome.

Very nice Job .... keep up the good work!

cheers, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

This work reminds me of the character Kreng. From ninja turtles.
    And I was reminded of the game Prey. In any case, it turned cool.

Thanks, guys.
    ciei3, I must confess I've never heard of either Kreng, or that game. The only thing I was thinking about while working on this, inspiration/influence wise was Frank R. Paul.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wow.really nice work good job.

I like your retro alien and I hope that you do polypaint him and put him in a scene.

Thanks, guys. very much appreciated.

Rick, I'll surely try -- it's more a factor of available time.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678915 ... LastLast