ZBrushCentral

TristanArtForm Works

Shadow Over Innsmouth

This is my first ZBrush attempt. It’s my take on those fish people from H. P. Lovecraft’s, “The Shadow Over Innsmouth”.

I made the base mesh for all elements in Maya.

On a side note, I have a technical qquestion. This was made on a new Dell 720 with Windows Vista. I had some problems getting ZBrush installed on the computer with Vista.

As you can see, the outline of the tool appears crenelated or pixalated. Also, the thin spines (subtools) appear broken. I have played with the document size and Max compact Mem, but I can’t figure a way to correct this. Does anyone know if this is something to do with Vista as an OS, and if it can be corrected?

The full computer specs:
Intel Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)

2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz OC’d to 1066MHz-2

256MB nVidia GeForce 8600

320GB - Seagate 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache341-3764

Windows Vista
attachment attachment-1 attachment-2 attachment-3

Attachments

attachment.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

attachment-3.jpg

Nice and creepy looking! Fitting for Lovecraft.

Hard to tell, but I think those pixely edges are normal. Working at actual size, edges aren’t antialiased in ZBrush. If you want to see an antialiased view, you can click the ‘AAHalf’ button, which will show you a 50% view of your doc.

The aliased edges can actually be helpful when rendering out for postwork–they make selections a breeze.

Thanks man, thats what it was. here are some corrected pics email Innsmouth_pic2 copy.jpgemail Innsmouth_pic4.jpgemail Innsmouth_pic5.jpg

Hey all. Here are some portfolio pieces I’ve done in my spare time over the past months.
PRINT_Exoskeletal_Creature_01.jpgEMAIL_Exoskeletal_Creature_011a.jpgEMAIL_Mermaid_Pic_005.jpgEMAIL_Mermaid_Pic_004.jpgEMAIL_LeatherBack_Creature_12.jpgEMAIL_LeatherBack_Creature_17.jpgEMAIL_Alien_001c.jpgEMAIL_Alien_005.jpgEMAIL_Exoskeletal_Creature_PaintUp_01.jpg

Attachments

EMAIL_Exoskeletal_Creature_PaintUp_01.jpg

PRINT_Exoskeletal_Creature_01.jpg

EMAIL_Exoskeletal_Creature_011a.jpg

EMAIL_Mermaid_Pic_005.jpg

EMAIL_LeatherBack_Creature_12.jpg

Whao!! amazing, I really like them

Hey, thanks, man

excellent work, I really like your style.

Thank you very much

Congrats - the creatures are really something fresh for the eyes - pretty different from what people are used to see.

Hey VISEone, very much appreciated. Thank you, sir.

Interesting creatures!
I like them a lot.
Serious sculpting :+1:

Here’s a new concept character I’ve been working on. I wanted to juxtapose human anatomy with some techno. I am now doing a paint up of him which I’ll post in a couple of days. This is the first time I’ve used ZBrush for Hard surface work. All the hard surface elements are sculpted simple shapes – mostly spheroids made of quads.

EMAIL_Last_Man_04.jpgEMAIL_Last_Man_05.jpg

Really nice work! I love the combination of organic and hard surface and you pull it off wonderfully!

Hey, thank you very much!

I can just concur, great concept of the character. Really nice the characters drives the story already!:+1:
looking forward seeing more from you mate!
Cheers and happy sculpting,

• Kenny:)

Much thanks, Kenny!!

Hi all. OK, here’s a paint up of the concept character. Two versions, one with a burred highlight effect which to me makes a more dramatic image, and one without that blur which works as more of a straight up concept image.
EMAIL_Last_Man_Painting.jpgEMAIL_Last_Man_Painting(Blur).jpgl

Here’s a new concept piece I did for fun. This is my first time tackling fabric in Zbrush. Since this is a concept piece, I always planned on doing a paint up of this character which I’ll post later… I only took the detailing so far as to support the paint up. Still, I’m happy with the sculpt.
EMAIL_Mutant_002.jpgEMAIL_Mutant_008.jpgEMAIL_Mutant_007.jpgEMAIL_Mutant_004.jpg

T

That’s some freaky sh*t right there, but I love it. Really well done, and the details and the dramatic pose are great. :slight_smile:

Very cool and creepy. Really like the style, great concept! :slight_smile: