ZBrushCentral

Head study

Hi there,

started a human skull study from a sphere and ended up with this:
ZBrush Document.jpg

Can anybody tell me if it’s possible to bake data from high poly to arbitrary low poly inside ZB? And how to paint specular in ZB?

Attachments

ZBrush Document1.jpg

Very nice! :smiley: :+1:

For specular I fill the object with flat color shader then I pick a grey color brush to just paint over it and voilà you get great specular from that.

Do you mean “baking” color ? If yes and you used polypaint you can simply press Col-Txt in “texture” rollout. If you wanna bake the shading of high-poly into the texture-use projection master with only “shading” enabled. For pores and stuff use Zmapper to generate a cavity map. Hope this is what you were asking for :wink:

monkeYB07- Thanks for trying to help,

by painting specular i mean painting actual different values of specular, like painting color map but for amount of spec.
By baking i mean baking color/displacement maps from this tool to different tool. This one does not have any UVs or good basemesh to do them.
ZBrush Document2.jpg

great model and texture

Alex Oliver

started texturing another one, now with help of photos :slight_smile:
Untitled-1.jpg

Nice models :slight_smile: I think the SSS fake effect on the last one should be tinted a more yellow and turned down a bit. Anyways nice job so far!!

Btw I also wonder how to successfully create the effect of masking specular maps. I’ve seen Antropus Picasso tutorial but that’s quite a pain, having to create different materials with different spec values, just because zbrush won’t let you add a blending of 2 materials in the same polygon?

nice textures man…

Thanks guys!

here is another quick studyClipboard01.jpg

Laying in some colors, will change her hair completely too.
Is there any way to get rid of partial subdivision - i did not notice hitting subdivide on a selection and now its all over the place?

Attachments

study_f.JPG

reworked some of her face, still playing with colors
Clipboard01.jpg

Hello JokerMax,

Very acceptional work - in method : And very much to my taste in style of character - thanks so much for posting.

" Can anybody tell me if it’s possible to bake data from high poly to arbitrary low poly inside ZB?"
I once tackled the problem of transferring color information from object-A with UV’s-A and topology-A ->-to->- object-B(where object B is a re-topologised & re-uv’ed version of A) with Uv’s-B and topology-B. The problem here was: Object A did not have correct topology and did not have any subdivison levels and it was poly painted). If this is your situation the best thing to do is use the Z-project brush. Ofcourse the process is more complex then merely applying the brush, however with this lead(if you have’nt tried it already) you can probably figure out the rest your self - if not I will be happy to aswer your questions.

Regards,
Kiril

Hey there great looking stuff here man, but im a little confused on painting specular hightlights on the color map. if you export your color map into another 3d program like max or maya or something isn’t it ideal to have a different map for the spec and color map.