ZBrushCentral

(retired)Scared Silly Entry by Scott Clark

I’ve got a few loose ends to tie up first in the next few days, but this sounds too fun to pass up.

Concept description: Halloween vs. Christmas: The Final Battle

For centuries the simmering hostility between Halloween and Christmas has been escalating, and now it’s all out war. In the end there can be only one, and this time, it’s for all the candy!

A Warhammer 40k-esque battlefield scene with the iconic “champions” of each faction.

Tools: Silo 1.4 for some base mesh work, Photoshop for post processing/supplemental alpha/texture generation, and ZBrush 3.1 for everything else.

O my god, that is such an awesome idea! :lol: Can’t wait to se how it develops.

I would have thought that Halloween and Easter were natural enemies, seeing as both have an abundance of candy treats. :slight_smile:

Awesome idea, though. Looking forward to seeing more.

Easter is the third faction. They come into play in the expansion pack.

That’s funny! LOL! Good idea!

Going to be a tough one to take on, I can see a number of models needed!

Can’t wait to see it come through!

Big project! £5 on Christmas to win … those elves are vicious!

Good luck.

That’s a very funny idea, ican see it already. it would require a lot of work though for one month, but good luck can’t wait for some sketches.

oh cool, i can see an epic battlescene with ironic drama… i love that kind of humor :smiley:
all the best!

Good idea! :smiley: :laughing: good luck :+1: :+1:

very Frizettaish idea, will there be piles of costumed corpses as well?

Cool idea. This will be interesting to watch. :+1:

I’m still busily sketching away. There are a lot of difficult compositional issues with so many things going on that I want to try and solve at this point in the game before moving on.

As many of you have correctly surmised, theres just no way I’m going to be able to get this done in 30 days, but the concept is too good to abandon. I’m not really planning on being competitive in the contest. Maybe I can sort of “work outwards from center”, and have some sort of myopic foucs shot done as a contest entry.

Back to work.

I would love to see this! Wonderful concept!:+1: :+1:

that sound great.
Good luck

Sorry, I’m out. I still don’t even have a sketch I’m happy with, and I would have been hard pressed to turn the concept around in 30 days anyway. I’ve got too many other concerns. A 30 day challenge is just too tight for me to turn anything non-trivial out, and also pay my bills.

I’ll just have to pine away for a Cintiq a little longer ( not that I would have won).

Good luck to eveyone!

NO WAY! Bingo I was looking forward to seeing your concept working. :cry:

Well if you have to go then fair enough. The only thing I’d ask is that you check here every so often to offer advice and guidance to us noobs.

Maybe next year eh? :wink:

:cry: This’s really sad, Why dont u give it a try??

Hope u ll return.