Hehe, another cool sketch. You better get crackin' though!
    Threads: * - * -* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * / Tuts: * - * - * - *

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That's the best one so far, half way through though! Tick tock!

You gonna make it for the submission? This was one I was interested in seening!

Default The Vulture Took my Zombie

dustbin1_uk,

My energy and motivation to complete this challenge took a massive drop when I tried to produce 3d feathers -- basically when I had to get serious, I couldn't get out of the silly mindset.

The scribbling phase is so much fun, then when I needed to be concered about readable forms and textures, I jellified like a witch in bubble bath.

Also, my time management skills are as dismal as my knowledge of how to get what I want out of ZBrush. Most of my time was spent trying to figure out basics like transposing fingers and fighting with the cursed autozoom.

I'm envious of you and all the contests who managed to stick with it and produce a finished entry. Hopefully, Pixologic will be pleased enough with this innagural contest to present us all with a Christmas theme for December. The prizes needn't be as elaborate as a $2500 Wacom either. Maybe something like covering the costs of a 3D print or limited edition vinyl toy to the best sculpt.

Anyway, thankyou for your comments. You're entry truly captures the essence of the theme, and hopefully places you in the top three. (You're commitment and energy to comment on so many other entries also deserves recognition. You really put a ton into making this contest fun).

If Pixologic offers a Christmas contest, I'll see you there. Until then, wherever you go, first, always lift the sit up and poke around with a plunger, just to be sure.
    Last edited by ravioli_rancher; 11-01-07 at 04:14 PM.

Sure thing I get like this. Too many ideas swimming around, by the time you start your dragged off to other things. Oh well, maybe next time. I know it'll be a good'n!

Sorry to hear you never got around to finishing. I'm feeling the opposite right now--I'll probably skip the next contest; this one wore me out.

dustbin1_Uk, Marsyas,

Thanks for the continued motivation. 3D demands so much more time than 2D work, hopefully the next challenge will be at least 45 days long. One month for a whole 3d scene is way too much pressure. Only maniacally determined artists such as yourselves are able to succeed under such ruthless conditions. Deadlines need to be more considerate of the chronically lazy and distracted.

And Marsyas, eventhough your exhausted now, I bet when the next challenge arrives, and Pixologic starts offering new quad core systems, you won't even remember saying anything about being worn out.

Thanks to both of you for your hard work and making this challenge at the very least fun to watch.

Lol, quad core system... yeah, that could be enticing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12