ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Ralf Klostermann

Hi everybody,

I realy don’t know whether I will have any more time than to describe my idea because I will be out for holiday during mostly the whole contest-time, but in case it works, I would like to reserve my theme before anyone else does.:wink:

The idea:

Little Hannibal (Lector) is having his first Halloween …:eek:

Short description:

Hannibal is still a very cute little boy, the sunshine of his mom and grandma, but he has already a little stange taste.
So he is standing in front of an open door, smiling at a lady through his typical and famous face-mask.
The lady is offering him some candy while little hannibal hides a chop knife behind his back , waiting for the right moment to get from the lady the candy he really likes (and has already collected in a big bag from other neighbours he previously visited), her hand.:cool:

Wicked idea, Ralf! :laughing:

Cant wait to see your first wip posts! :+1:

Thanks Felix,
I hope I will have the time for it.
And I surely didn’t forget our thing.:wink:
It’s on it’s way, slowly, but it’s in the pipeline.:lol:

Hannibal, my favorite evil dude :+1: Sounds fun.

Same here, same here! :wink:

Good luck und viel Erfolg on this one!:+1:

hahaha thats really Wicked … find the time and finsh it man :+1:

Very good idea. Good luck!! :smiley:

A first try of little Hannibal :

ZSpheres:

Hanibal_zspheres.jpg

Two spheres are added as subtools for the eyes, but I think I will only use them as placeholders. The eyes for the final rnder will be created in C4D and will consist of several layers for cornea, Iris etc. ZBrush is not so good for that, C4D creates eyes much better and quicker.
Also the base-mask is added as subtool. For creating the holes in the mask, I will have to switch to C4D because ZBrush cannot do this (I think).
Some more tweaking is needed for creating the right mimic that I want him to look. The hair will be later added in C4D.

Attachments

Hannibal_1.jpg

Hanibal_skin.jpg

Hanibal_skin_1.jpg

Hanibal_skin_1_Head.jpg

Hanibal_mask-topo.jpg

Hanibal_mask-skin.jpg

Go Ralf! Cool to see you compete! :+1:

Thanks Plakkie.

Unfortunately it seems that I will not be able to finish it within the competition-time. But I will try to go as far as possible.:wink:

Comming closer:

Hannibal_face-mimic.jpg

looking great so far! :+1: :smiley: :+1:

He looks so cute… yet hungry…:wink:

Here is a short overview of how I principally constructed the head of hannibal:
This also shows some of the advantages / disadvantages ZBrush has compared to other apps when you use it completely from the very beginning.
Normally, I prefer to start with a base-mesh constructed in C4D or another app, because compared with the ZSphere-modelling-way, they give better control over the results.
ZSphere-modelling is indeed a great and very quick way, but when you first hit ‘a’ to preview the skin of a so far perfect looking ZSphere-construct, it’s often more an ‘Uuuuuhhhh’ :grimacing: than an ‘Aaaaahhhhh’ :smiley: .
But as Aurick demanded, I started this time from the scratch completely within ZBrush. Because of the little time I have for the whole thing, I decided not to use the new ‘Topo-Mesh-over-ZSphere-Constructing-feature’ but the ‘old’ way of simply using Tool -> Adaptive skin.
If your first preview looks like ‘Uuuuuhhhhhhh’ :grimacing: :-1: , then you should first try to play with the settings in the Adaptive Skin menue. :wink:

Here is what I used for my final base-mesh of Hannibal:

Adaptive_Skin-Settings.jpg

Attachments

Hanibal_skin_1_Head.jpg

Head_construction.jpg

Thanks for the info Ralf.

Very nice start, looks like you have the Zsheres down.

Now he has his mask. :eek:

Hannibal_with_mask.jpg

ha ha ha ha love this lol great idea very inventive lol perfect didn’t even think of hannibal as a kid lol hope you get time to finish this even if not for the contest.:smiley:

very nice job

I like Candy …

Hannibal_2_render.jpg

Attachments

Hannibal_2c.jpg

Hannibal_2b.jpg

Hannibal_2d.jpg

First Colorings:

Hannibal_painted.jpg

Attachments

Hannibal_painted face.jpg

Basic Skin.jpg