ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Dave Merchen

Wow, this sounds fun. I have always enjoyed fall and Halloween. It’s my favorite time of year, and it starts getting me inspired to do some fun artwork again (if I have time).

So, here is the story. Many of you may not know (except for a select few such as Ron Harris) that the legendary monsters of Halloween ( Frankenstein, Mummy, Dracula, Werewolf) always like to get together around Halloween and go to a movie theater to enjoy their best scary scenes. This is of course an annual event, but this year they were “scared silly” when they rounded the corner and witnessed the other individuals buying tickets to see the movies also. Many of our finest younger generation were just purchasing tickets and about scared the mummy clear out of his wrapping.

It is a daring challenge, especially for me since it has been a while and work and school seem to be sucking the life out of me, but I will give it a go.

Hey Stranger! Maybe have the kids mob the group like they were Hollywood stars going to the Oscars? That would be cool!

sounds like a good concept, will check in later to see your sketches.

Well, I am changing my plans for the contest. Let’s just say…I suck at trying to model people. So the change of plans are as follows.

Trying to keep it simple. Puppy, cat, pumpkin. Simple enough. Here is the idea I am trying to develop. Either the puppy or the cat will be inside the jack-o-lantern and looking out the eye holes basically scaring the other that walks up on the pumpkin. In the background will be another puppy rolling on the gound laughing hysterically. I will try to have sketches also.

I liked the other idea better, but there is not enough time and did I mention I suck at modelling people. Perhaps I will have to work on this, but it has been a long time I have not been modelling anything since I have been trying to finish my degree and school is taking up so much time. Well…work, school, and family. Why am I even trying to do this? Oh well, who needs sleep, right?

Let me know what you think. Later all.:smiley: