Default Scared Silly entry by Alex Velazquez

I'm starting a bit late here, so I'm keeping my entry simple yet effective. Basically I plan on modelling Frankenstein at a plastic surgeons office, getting a little work done.. He's looking in the mirror, feeling a little down on his appearance, maybe squeezing some fat around his tummy that he's getting suctioned out. I thought I might make DR. Frankenstein making marker lines on him.. But I may not have enough time for two characters.. and I think it may be more effective if it is just him, and I convey where he is at in the enviroment.
    Frankenstein90210.jpg
    FreelanceCharacter Modeller
    http://www.brutecg.com
    Brutikong@gmail.com

I took my idea into Max for some pre-vis. Layed out my composition, used a biped for Frank
    Frankenstein_WIP_01.jpg

Then I thought hey I already have this biped to generally the proportions and pose I want.. I can use it as a template to make my mesh in zbrush out of zspheres..
    Frankenstein_WIP_02.jpg

It worked pretty good.. I had a devil of a time making fingers and toes.. and had some problems with ioint resolution. All attributed to my lack of experience with zspheres... I figured this was not the time to learn how to use zspheres, but since the contest is about zbrush, I had to give it a shot. I exported a mesh from this and am going to refine it in Max, before I bring it back in for sculpting..
    Brutikong@gmail.com

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hehe original concept, i think if you drop the camera a little mor, you could really emphasise the scale of frankenstein, make him look kind of cramped in the surgery what kind of style are you gonna go for, a hyper real one or a more stylised munsters kind of thing

Hitch_ I am going for realistic texturing and rendering, but more stylized anatomy...
    Got my base mesh finished and imported back into zbrush.. still too lumpy right now.. i

Frankenstein_WIP_03.jpg
    Brutikong@gmail.com

Wow fantastic start, I really like it. Really funny

brilliant - and I like the idea - so everyday and simple
    Best regards

Carsten Lind | 3D Designer & Sculptor | www.DaFigura.dk

With people doing this well, I wonder if I am just embarassing myself entering this competition.

Great work so far, keep it up!

excellent concept!

if i had time to participate i think, since Frankenstein is basically a patch work, it would be funny to have him detatching his limbs to try on various prosthetics... maybe like a bionic arm or leg, or different bolts in his neck... maybe he only takes metric, so U.S. units won't work... errr... somebody feel free to run with this idea... lol.

good luck in the contest =)

It's looking great, Alex!

Dustbin...if we all thought that way, there would only be a few entries. I don't think I have a snowball's chance in winning, but as NightWoodWolf's quote says, "There is no failure, except in no longer trying"

Thanks fellas..
    Small update:
    Beefed up Franks proportions to about where I am happy.. alot of work still to go. Feet, hands, wrinkles, bolts etc....
    Got the health scale modelled out. And some other background details.. Trick is going to be to get enough stuff in there to sell that it's a surgical office, without overwhelming the compostion. I think the light with surgical knives goes along way to that. The before/after poster on the cabinet helps too. That image is temp BTW.. I have to make something original for that.

Frankenstein_WIP_04.jpg
    Brutikong@gmail.com

pretty nice work

Member Follow User Gallery

wicked man.... i laughed my head off

Small updates.. Worked a little in max on detailing out the enviroment and a little in zbrush on the modelling and texturing of Frankenstein..
    asset_1.jpg
    asset_2.jpg
    asset_3.jpg
    render.jpg
    asset_4.jpg
    Brutikong@gmail.com

Great work and concept

It's that jump from basic material mesh to textured render that makes me gasp everytime in this forum.

As I have said to many people in this competition so far, VERY well done! It's looking great and can't wait to see the final image!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast