ZBrushCentral

Scared silly entry by William Kohl Brown III

OK! Halloween has to be one of my favorite themes.

For the concept I’m uploading a sketch done in Photoshop.

Simple concept:
"Which (witch, get it :roll_eyes:) is it, Big Boy? Trick or Treat? BTW I’m the treat!

Not sure whether there will be anyone else in the scene. But we shall see. won’t we. Muhha ha hha hahh ah hhaaa! :roll_eyes:

Good luck and have fun to all participants! :+1: halloween-11.jpg

Please change the name of your post to be in keeping with the rules.

Thank you.

I started out with zspheres for figure. Sculpted base mesh in ZBrush. Sculpted one hand roughly in ZBrush on adaptive skin model. Exported to Silo2 deleted half the model. Mirrored obj in Silo.

Back in ZBrush I discovered that I lost the strip of polys joining the mirriored Silo obj. Back To Silo. Stitched the meshes using merge tool, vertex by vertex, fortunately it was a low res mesh.

After nearly finishing the sculpt in ZBrush I discovered, somewhere along the way, I’d lost part of the pinky finger. Back to Silo, mesh extrusions using loops to create the missing section, back to ZBrush.

While in Silo 2, I tried out the paint displacement tool. Although Silo can paint displacment, it can’t keep up with ZBrush 2. Too much overhead. High poly subD crashed.

halloween-fig-01.jpg

hey dude, nice to see you again, looking forward to seeing how thisone turns out :smiley:

Started work on her costume. I did a witch hat last year for another Halloween theme. I used Silo and Zbrush for that. I did another hat for this contest and I used Zspheres. Zspheres were by far the easier method.

halloween-01r.jpg

Attachments

halloween-02r.jpg

halloween-04r.jpg

I made some boots and created a shader. Worked some more on the figure. Now she has a skin shader painted using Projection Master; I’m still using ZBrush 2 on a Mac. Now I’ve got to rig and pose her. I’m using Carrara for that and some of my renders.

halloween-07r.jpg

I’ve been working my butt off on this. I’m still having a blast with ZBrush 2.
I’m planning to install 3.0 after OSX leopard’s release.

Here she is with the boots ready for rigging

halloween-09r.jpg

Attachments

halloween-chair01.jpg

halloween-chair1kpx.jpg

halloween-chair1kpx.jpg

halloween-1kpx.jpg

halloween-1kpx-01.jpg

scary-chair_06.jpg

I am liking the chair so far, good work.:+1: If I could offer a few suggestions, I would work her face a bit more and tone down her boobs a bit, she looks very sexy in your drawing but those boobs are just scary! :laughing:

Some updates:

risque-witch-08.jpg

Attachments

brazier-02.jpg

halloween-cat-zspher.jpg

halloween-cat-zspher-014.jpg

halloween-cat-zspher.jpg

black-cat-carrara.jpg

scared-phantom.jpg

heart.jpg

Great challenge. I enjoyed all the entries. Good luck to all! :+1:

Final entry:

"hey, Big Boy, come here; don’t be shy, mmm… I see you brought me a treat.

SSfinalWilliamKohlBrownIII.jpg