ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Miguel A Santiago Jr.

:slight_smile: This is looking to be a really fun challenge! Hopefully I will have enough time to complete my entry. Here is my concept for my entry… Figured to go with the Creature from the black lagoon. Basic Idea is the Creature visting the local fish aquarium on his yearly halloween trip to behold his beauty.
dt3dHalloweenConcept.jpg

migusan76 that is so funny and Cute! I love it! :laughing: Its fairly simple too so you definitely have a shot at finishing it on time. :+1:

Harmonic: Yea I was trying to come up with an Idea that is pretty basic but still will give me the freedom to really work on the details of the image…

Great sketch! Love the style and coloring. :+1: Looks fun.

Thx’s Marsyas!

Ha ha! Oh this is gonna be funny, your concept drawing is well made on it’s own. lokking forward to seeing this come to life.

dustbin1_uk Thx’s. Still debating on trying to go for a semi-realistic look or a stylized. But was doing some coral test to see what time-frame I will have to fill up the tank.

coralTestFront.jpg

Attachments

coralTestBack.jpg

Here is the base sculpt I’m working on, once I get to a good point I’ll start to build the base mesh using the retopology tools.

shadeSculpt.jpg

looking good so far! can’t wait to see more!

keep on going

Thx’s dustbin1_uk, LittleDedder! Here is an update of the base sculpt working on the topology for the base mesh.

zbrushTopologyPer.jpg

Attachments

zbrushTopologyWire.jpg

Wow that looks just like the creature from the black lagoon. Very good job.

I remember watching that movie on TV when I was a kid. I think it was something like “Saturday night scary theatre” or something like that.

Looks fantastic so far, :+1: great sculpt!

Thx’s :+1:. I’ve been trying to actually find the original film to sit down and watch it. It’s very interesting to see what they had to work with in the old days…

like the look of him, i retopo’d the face of Weavel in my image as well. It sure does help to clean things up, but for speed if time gets short for you, you might want to try local subdivisions just to move forward. If things get tight for me on some of my elements thats what i’ll be doing.

I must have watched that movie ten times when I was a kid. Great rendition.

thx Blaine91555! threetails Yea the topo tool is really for finer control over building your base mesh. I will give local sub-d a try when I get to that point. Although from this point I feel its to late to finish in time for the dead-line. But wil Plan to continue working on him past the contest to finish him.

Very nice sculpting so far!

Good work!.

Un parecido muy conseguido con la criatura de la pelicula.
:+1: