Hi Tez,

very good progress so far!! I like the texture too!
    luca
    Last edited by ZModerator; 11-08-07 at 04:38 PM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

great model so far. Love the shape and pose test!

keep it up

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey thanks for all your comments. Im working on a pose right now. The pose is in its early stages, so havent done any sculpting as of yet.

Here is a quick W.I.P pose. As usual render is in Modo from which im making a skin shader as well. No textures in render yet.

woman crouch render 3 editsmmfor ZBC.jpg

woman crouch render 8 hdr for ZBC.jpg
    Last edited by tez; 12-13-07 at 06:14 AM.

Here is a update on this pose and render.

woman crouch render 21- 1024k for zbcwith sig.jpg

Default Not sure how I missed this one..

Tez,

Great thread!! Not sure how I missed it but glad I got to check it out. Love the progression of the female form and interesting to see how your going about posing the model. I love the shadow really helps accentuate the form!!!! Not sure what type of finished scene your striving for but will be interesting to see. With the hardwood floor and pose.. just need some perspiration then would remind me of a dancer/gymnast finishing up a hard practice session(though not sure why she'd be naked, though I'm not complaining).
    "The horizon is ever bright for those continueing to seek it!!"
    --AngelJ

looking good but there are alot of problems with the skinning or transposing that you are doing.

The thing that stands out horribly is the bend of the feet. Take your shoes + socks off and bend your feet in the same way......you can't. The joint is in the wrongplace. Look at the wrist, it's too thin at the bend. .

I think you are heading in the right direction and doing well but think you have rushed through a few stages.

The davinci pose looks odd , the rib cage looks too low, under the arms appears to angular and protrudes alot. The collarbones are at 45degrees rather than 90. The posed model looks better but there are still joint issues.

I'd drop the pose, drop a few sub d's and develop the form/ flow of muscles and bones etc. Actually, drop the texture/colour as well and concentrate on the form as you'll see it better without colour. THink marble statues.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...10&hl=en&imgsz=

Once you have nailed this, retexture/colour and then return to the pose. And then after posing you can subtly adjust the muscles for that pose.

Might just be the render angles and a few wines but looks wrong in places.

check out loomis books

http://fineart.sk/index.php?s=112&cat=12

Hope this helps.

Keep up the good work. Definatly heading in the right direction but think you've hit a couple of speed bumps on route

El-d

el-d, your totaly correct. I have done things ass back to front, this was because im learning Modo so speeded off ahead to set up a scene, before she was totaly finnished.

Once I settle with Modo I will stop doing so many test and do things in the correct order, my bad lol. Your again corect about the bone deformation and rotation joints. Today is here I go back and refine her form more anatomicly.

Now I have the sceneset up reasonably I can just drop her in at any stage during her refininf sculpt.

Thanks for the crits, please cme back and crit my next stage.

AngleJ, thanks for your comments, means alot to me to get feedback, keeps the interest alive in the project with such kind comments. 95% of my other work post didnt even get a reply or at least a rating.

The standard on these forums are getting higher and higher, hard to keep up in order to give the viewer enougth interest to reply.

Last edited by tez; 12-15-07 at 01:37 AM.

tez,
    I think the biggest problem this model has is its lack of proportion. It looks like you have focused on the parts individually rather than looking at it as the sum of its parts.
    Meaning, go for the illusion rather than the explict details of human anatomy, i.e loosen it up a bit.
    Last edited by ZModerator; 12-17-07 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx
    tez,
    I think the biggest problem this model has is its lack of proportion. It looks like you have focused on the parts individually rather than looking at it as the sum of its parts.
    Meaning, go for the illusion rather than the explict details of human anatomy, i.e loosen it up a bit.
    Im not seing the lack of proportion, could you please advice in more detail on this and the term, loosen it up more?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ZModerator; 12-17-07 at 10:26 AM.

'Im not seing the lack of proportion, could you please advice in more detail on this and the term, loosen it up more?'

-The shoulders look too wide and could drop down a touch.
    -the hips could curve in more and in relation to the shoulders width may need to come in more.
    -the naval could be raised a bit.
    -with regard to 'loosen it up' what I mean is in my opinion the muscles aren't taking the weight of the pose, exagerating this will help the anatomy read more clearly, of course taking it too far will throw out the balance.
    -Be careful with how much the shoulder blades protrude and their angle.
    -The arc of the back may also need to curve more to maintain proportion.
    -Either the ears are too big and need to come forward more or the back of the head needs more volume to it.
    -The neck appears to need a little more length and finally the head may need to be enlarged a bit.

I think its looking good just needs the final touches

Thankyou, that was a very helpfull crit, I will take a good look at these areas.

Its funny as some of the things you have mentioned I had picked up on before, but wasnt sure if they where issues or not. I think this is too many hours looking at it, makes my judgment a bit distorted.

'I think this is too many hours looking at it, makes my judgment a bit distorted.'

Yeah, the toughest part of making a realistic character is keeping it fresh after all the time you spend refining it

Default Update.

Here are a few update pictures. Iv gone back and re done the following.

1) Back, inclucing the Lats, traps, sholder blade. Added more arch to back.
    2) Sholder: all 3 deltoids, clavicle, removed gap between arm pit.
    3) Arms: Re shaped tricep, Bicep, forarm.
    4) Hands: Re posed fingers, reshaped and sculpted them.
    5) Legs: redifined leg muscles and redone right foot.

crouch v2c 007.jpg
    crouch v2c 006.jpg
    crouch v2c 004.jpg
    crouch v2c 003.jpg
    crouch v2c 002.jpg

Middle fingers need to be longer or index fingers need to be shorter. Beautiful sculpt. Looks great
    A man is solely restricted by his own words.

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

just a little thing, the bump on the floor doesn't match the color map

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast