ZBrushCentral

PixolJohn's Zbrush sculpting thread

Hi everyone. I decided to make a thread for all my postings. I am still very new to Zbrush and these two Alien portraits are my 2nd and 3rd Zbrush work. I am still feeling out Zbrush and learning as I go and I look forward to learning all I can. Thanks for looking.

alienca01ly6.jpg

Attachments

alienca03fg3.jpg

alienca05qs5.jpg

aliencx1mb6.jpg

Hi gang, I wanted to share a little practice I did in zbrush and 3dmax. I am currently learning both programs. There are some areas I need to tweak such as ears, lower lip, shin etc but I thought I’d go ahead and show what I have so far. Also worth noting is, I haven’t really touched learning how to render yet so what you see is a simple basic render in V-Ray.
Thanks for looking and I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

dude01di4.jpg

Attachments

dude06ot9.jpg

dude02bo8.jpg

dude03pq0.jpg

dude04de5.jpg

I really like the alien busts, there is alot of character in them and the details are well sculpted. Well done, keep it up.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

John

Hi Pixoljohn
Cool Models I Like The Second One More.

It Would Be Nice If You Post The Same Models With Texture.

Cheers

Not sure if you saw this thread yet, but Lil’ Sister shared his skin setup in Max here: I gave it a try and it’s pretty awesome:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=048467

Good Work PixelJhon! The models are greats…

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the comments. I am having so much fun with Zbrush. I am a traditional clay/wax sculptor and I feel so at home using Zbrush. I still have a long way to go but I am having a great time learning. My brother is really good at max and is a big help in teaching me to model. I also hope to learn to render my models. I am constantly blown away by what I see on this forum and it is a huge inspiration.

Hi people. Here is my latest work. Started from a polysphere. Still trying to get a feel for the tools and process. Hope you like it.

head1hn6.jpg

Attachments

head2vz0.jpg

head3wq8.jpg

Hello everyone. I want to share with you my first full body CG sculpt. I made the basemesh in claytools and did all the rest in Zbrush. This Hulk is meant to be an exaggerated action figure kind of style. I am not going for super realism on this sculpt. The green is not paint, just a color I laid down. Also this is still a wip and alot more will be done.

Hope you like it!

John
www.johnclearysculpture.com

hulk-01.jpg

Attachments

hulk-02.jpg

hulk-04.jpg

hulk-03.jpg

hulk-06.jpg

hulk-05.jpg

Great over the top Hulk. Like he took steroids or something. Made me laugh. Cool thread. :+1:

i love the hulk! except the back of his foot in side view looks bad to me

Thanks for looking. :slight_smile: Yes the feet will get worked on more. This whole thing is still a work in progress. Lots of tweaking to do. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, been awhile since my last update. Just got Zbrush 4 and am playing around with it. Here is a model of an Orc bust I started in 3.5. The teeth are made in Shadowbox. It will have a helmet, armor etc. Dont mind the render, just thought I’d add a bit of color. Hope you like it and updates soon!

orcj-01bw.jpg

Attachments

orcj-02bw.jpg

orcj-03bw.jpg

orcj-01.jpg

orcj-02.jpg

orcj-03.jpg

Just an update on my Orc…

Hi everyone. This is a demon warrior character I’m doing to learn Zbrush. Having fun and he will be decked out in armor and posed with a weapon when I’m done. Hope you like it!

Like that Orc with helmet! Really impressed with your first work in ZBrush. What tools are you coming from previously? If these are your first attempts at modeling, period, then I will feel hopelessly untalented! :wink:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments.

I am a traditional sculptor who has done alot of commercial sculpting but Zbrush is my first real go at a CG modeling/sculpting. I do know a little bit of 3dmax and am also learning Maya alongside Zbrush. On the last image of the demon warrior I made the shoulder armor in max. The Orc is all zbrush. I used Shadowbox for the helmet. I love that tool!

Hi everyone, here is an update on my fantasy character. I replaced his head with my first version which I liked much better. This whole character is one big learning exercise so I’m kind of learning things as I go along. Hope you like the update!

dem-05.jpg

Attachments

dem-04.jpg

dem-03.jpg

dem-02.jpg

Great start. :slight_smile: There’s only one thing to crit, it looks like the hips bone is missing. Also this area is a bit narrow, i understand what kind of silhouette you are looking for, but in that case you should make the thighs a little bit slimer.
Looking forward to see more. :slight_smile: