ZBrushCentral

First attempt...

Here’s my first attempt at ZBrush:

What do you think?

The ripper.

Looks great to me! The only critique I’d have for this, is to add some more skin wrinkles on his neck. But this is really good! You should be very happy with the outcome!

Amazing first post! Magnificent model!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: No critiques from me!!!

Although I’d like to ask: Is it all zbrush or base mesh done elsewhere?

Sweeeeet! Only thing that bothers me is the wrinkles on the forehead…even though they are separate…I think they would continue even if faintly thru the middle. Of course I do have a weird forehead…Looking at it now and if I make my brow narrow my wrinkles still show in the middle, following thru the lines before I narrow my brows. But like I said…I gotta weird forehead hahaha. Oh yeah and maybe a wrinkle or crease on the nose lower down too…looks to smooth.

Great job detailing this dude!!

Nice job. I really like the lower part of the face, especially the lower lip line and chin area. I would love to see you give him some eyes, and maybe do a couple of different variations playing with facial expressions.

~Mike D.

Very, very impressive. I agree that the forehead wrinkles look a bit … stylized? And the way the bulb of the nose blends into the nostrils (or rather doesn’t) looks a bit stiff. On the other hand, people look all different ways. I was checking out a girl at the taco stand last weekend, and thinking she’s really cute, but if I made an accurate 3D model of her face, people would say I made the cheekbones too big.Overall though, this is very, very nice, especially the area around the eyes, and the mouth. If you have some info on the making of, I’d love to see you post it.

A Roman emperor for sure! :cool:
But I agree the midbrow wrinkle doesn’t look right somehow.
The muscles there would pull the skin in and down.
That’s why we all get like that in the end!
Either frowning to squeeze the eyes less open in bright light or to cut down the amount of light entering the pupils if shortsighted.
The downward movement of the brow is the key. Then 50 years later the brows don’t go back any more.
For good examples of face wrinkles check out photos of W.H. Auden’s face and those of old outdoor workers from hot countries.

Alan.

Thank you all for your comments.

Cezar Souza:The original model was done in Lightwave and then imported into ZBrush.

Milkdud:The final render will be done in Lightwave… I’ll add eyes and maybe will do some facial expressions in Lightwave as well.

devilbunny:Yes I agree with the wrinkles problems… I tried to fix it a bit… here’s the result:

what beautiful subtle fleshwork ! the changes to the neck and brow demonstrate great finesse!
any chance of seeing what it looked like pre z?
really nice!

Excellent :+1: Jack, the Ripper :smiley:
Pilou

great~~