Hi, this is my test of human skin.

• 1 Light
  • 1 Material
  • No Render Adjustments

>> Download Material: material.zip

>> Download Light: light.zip

Put here your tests with this material and variations of this, please :wink:

Kisses :slight_smile:

What a great face, and material, SoK. Thanks! 50.

Very nice mat, great head too! Thanks! - Baz

VARIATION 1

• 1 Light
  • 1 Material
  • No Render Adjustments

>> Download Material: material2.zip

>> Download Light: light2.zip

Looks pretty good :+1: , keep it coming :slight_smile:
Definitely gonna try the materials, thanx

U-Jin

I think the quality of these renders are due to my crappy pc, but more specifically my 16mb TNT video card(noticable color banding in the renders), and this being the first model[wip] that I ever made with z2(not a very good mesh).

With that said, I think the materials work pretty well SoK! I liked what I got…And these are my results taken straight from z2 with no material or light variations…

material 1 / light 1

material 2 / light 2

Thanks SoK!! What do you all think?

Abxy: very well in your model :+1:

I try to obtain a good material of human skin. Suggestions please?

• 2 Light
  • 1 Material
  • No Render Adjustments

>> Download Material: material3.zip

>> Download Light: light3.zip

Sok, the last one seems the best now.

Continue working on it :+1:

Jinxius.

Third one looks great!

Thanks :slight_smile: Another test with other model (with the last variation).

Absolutely Great ! :eek:

If you could accept an advice try to merge the latest settings for the skin with the fisrt one applied to the cartilagineous parts of the face such as the hears and the tip of the nose…and post the results it could look interesting…use masking to try these mix…worth a try…

Hope this works out even better results.

Jinxius.

Thank’s for the skinmaterials and lighsetups
I used your skinmaterial setup nr. 3 for this
testrender…looks better than any of my materials !!
For this image , i altered the cavity settings , the specular value and the shadows

Thanks for sharing this! They all look great, although I took down the noise and color bump. I think this is one of the best skin materials I’ve seen for Zbrush.

Nice job! :+1:

Yes, thanks SoK for getting this started. I like these as starting points much more than the ones I’ve been using. These two were modified in various ways- for instance, when you have a map already specifying various levels of red and whatnot already, the colorize diffuse has to be cut down, or the blend-amount in S1 killed. 2skin_vars.zip

Here is a render of my first clown with Sokar’s
skin material. I used 3 lights, 1 main warm light and 2 Cooler lights. The second image (The one with more purples and contrast) is the
same image tweaked in photoshop.

I’m having trouble getting contrast in my render. I think it might be some settings in the skin material. I’ll play more and see what I can come up with.

Either way, thank you Sokar for sharing your excellent skin material with us. It’s a hell of a nice one…: ))

Dickie

this is awsome guys thanks on the freeee stuff . Nice models!
Thx for sharing.

Thank You SoK for this great material and light set up here’s my first try with the initial skin and lights !! I’ll get to the 2nd settings soon !

Robo’s little movie -Absinthe- sound on ! :smiley:

Robw,

Those portraits are wonderful. I admire your use of detail in the sculpting.

Dickie

Dear wchamlet, with this material looks your FUNtastic model more than G_R_E_A_T :+1: :+1:

RobW, I really enjoy your both characters, also many thanx 4 material variations :+1:
You´re the man :+1: