Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default New work NUDITY

This is a new model I have been working on trying to learn female anatomy better. I think I am going to reduce the breast a bit they seem a bit large, but I think I am improving all and all. I am trying to redo her hair now so that will change also. female1.jpg female2.jpg Let me know what you all think.

Default Thanks

Thanks I appreciate the one star terrible rating that someone has given me without comment as to why they think it is terrible. I personally don't see where it is all that bad but it must be as well as all my other works I have posted here that receive bad ratings and no comments. Well see ya around just felt the need to vent.

Its not terrible, I also hate when people do that, but it happens. Since you are still learning female anatomy, this is actually really good. The thing i notice though, is that you dont need to reduce the size of the breasts, but you need to instead make the rest of her wider, plumper, she is too skinny at the moment, like skinnier than nicole ritchie. I think if you were to fix that, and maybe use a different material to show it off, you'd have a fine looking character on your hands.

Default Update

Thanks Indecom, I know I should not let stuff like that bother me but what are ya gonna do. Anyway I took your advice and de richied her a bit. I may have gone too far in the arms but here is an update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	female3.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	78947  

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Mnmava, i think you are off to a good start. Looking at the figure, first impression is that she is too tall and i agree with indecom and his comments.
    You can try a few things, 1) make her more meatier, she is a bit on the really skinny side. 2) her shoulders are too pushed in, try pulling them out a bit. just a tad. 3) reduce the length of her torso.

Updated verison's skin tone looks way better. looking forward to see your progress on this. quick question, is there a reason for cutting off her foot?

-d

Default Thanks

Thanks dtran, I agree the texture looks better. Do you think it should be meatier still from the second picture? I will try your suggestions on the shoulders and torso and post an update in a little while. Once again thanks for the input.

I think your female study is really good. Very well observed.

Some crits on this site can come across as negatively obtuse and I for one do not subscribe to the star ranking system on the site.

If I did have a comment on your female it would be that you should maybe look at paintings by Ruben...an absolute master at observing the female curves. healthy Females ..if they like it of not...have very distinctive areas of fatty tissue. Your female looks slightly lean. If you were to source some plumper imagery and maybe look at where female fatty tissue lies...you may see a few areas on your sculpt that could do with a little weight.

Thanks for posting your work.

"I like big B&tts and i cannot lie..."

Default Update

Thanks ministerart, I will look at some of these paintings and see if I can pick anything up from them. I have been tweaking on her for a few hours now and have totally redone her proportions hopefully this is more appealing to the people here. I think with every tweak and critisicm on her is helping so keep them coming. Let me know what you all think.

female4.jpg
    Last edited by ZModerator; 12-17-07 at 11:11 AM.

Default Head

Did some more work to her face as well.
    female5.jpg
    Last edited by ZModerator; 12-17-07 at 11:11 AM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wink well done

looking much much better wouldnt you agree.. next i think you should look at the side profile... find a pic of someone in a side view and really study the flow of the spine above the knee..and the buttocks..........he he buttocks.....keep it coming this is looking very very good...

She's definitely improved from the first images. She still needs work. Curious; she looks beefy in some areas and anorexic in others. Also, she looks feminine in some areas and masculine in others. Women require a subtlety that is hard to master. Don't give up.

Default Much improved!!

Mnmava,

Very good progress, I'm liking where this is heading! I think you could add a slight expansion to the width of the upper back/shoudler area. Help give a more tapered look. Also add some meat to the oblique/hip/saddle area from the front/profile views. The hamstrings could have a bit more girth as well. Just some food for thought, going to hang on to my stars cause I know you'll be improving upon this and I'll be able to give you a solid rating!! Keep it up and will be watching for more!!
    "The horizon is ever bright for those continueing to seek it!!"
    --AngelJ

Thought I would point out some of the things that need some attention. Some of these points may or may not be personal preference, however, I think most hold pretty true. Also, I included some shots of some famous female figures for reference. Again, it can come down to personal preference - not everyone is trying for or wants to create a supermodel, but it gives you some basic idea of what's generally considered "perfect" female anatomy and proportions. I hope this is helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	female wip.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	79086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	models.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	79096  
    Last edited by Webhead; 12-10-07 at 10:27 PM.

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the valuable input. It is helping a ton. I am going to call it a night and figured I would post my progress so far.
    female6.jpg

Hey, looks even better! Calves are a bit thick, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast