Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default zscript record stops after zb-warningdialog

Hi Marcus,
    I want to use zscript recording insite my new script.

I use the following code:
    [if,([IsEnabled,zscript:end rec]==1),
    [ipress,zscript:end rec]
    ]//endif
    [if,([IsEnabled,zscript:record]==1),
    [messageok,"record=enabled for ipress"]
    [ipress,zscript:record]

Now here comes a standard warning from ZB3 better to reinitialize ZB before a new recording. The I click the No-button and the zscript seems to be stopped! I never reach the followinf check-note:

[note,"record on",,1]
    ]//endif

Is it possible to go passed the warning alltogether? Or some other means to keep the script running its course?

Greetings, EddyL

Moderator Follow User Gallery

You code works for me. I have a feeling (though I've not had confirmation) that zscripts work slightly differently on different systems, so perhaps that is the problem. Use a Note with no duration to test though - it might show up then.

You can't avoid the Reset business when starting to record. What you can do (and this is a useful way of avoiding some warning messages) is to wrap the record command in an IKeyPress with 13, which is the code for the ENTER key:
    [CODE]
    [IKeyPress,13,[ipress,zscript:record]][/CODE]

But what this does is automatically resets ZBrush, rather than setting on record it without it.

I've not tested zscript recording from within a zscript but I'd guess that at some point you're likely to encounter problems.