ZBrushCentral

Homicide Soldiers

I continue to see all this awesome work on here and wonder if I will ever be capable of creating some of the amazing stuff you all do. I am diligently trying to learn new techniques and I am still trying to just learn photoshop, I regret learning zbrush before any other digital art program, I think I did things backwards. Anyways, here is the first part of a composition peice i am doing called “Homicide Soldiers”. It is based on a charcoal drawing I did many moons ago (I will load an image of it asap). This is all I have so far, about 2 hours or so of plugging away. This is all zbrush started from a zsphere model. Please, CC very very welcome. Thanks all for continuing to inspire me!

Homicide Soldier.jpg

Cool :+1: :+1: Keep It Up!!

Here is tonight’s work, only an hour tonight =(. Not sure if I like it at all, will probably scrap the addition all together, figured I should post it though anyways. Hopefully will have a solid amount of time to dedicate to this on the weekend instead of just a few hours here and there. C&C welcome as always!

Soldiers.jpg

Here is a Destro head I just finished. Ultimately I will do the rest of him. I timelapsed my sculpt of this, which started from a sphere, I will post the timelapse asap. C&C welcome as always. Thanks guys.

[attach=84070]Destro1.jpg[/attach]

[attach=84071]Destro2.jpg[/attach]

[attach=84072]Destro 3.jpg[/attach]

[attach=84073]Destro4.jpg[/attach] [attach=84074]Destro_Color.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Destro1.jpg

Destro2.jpg

Destro 3.jpg

Destro4.jpg

Destro_Color.jpg

Nice job on the models. I particularly like the head sculpt and interested in seeing the your updates on the body.
Id like to see the timelapse when you get it uploaded because Im terrible at hard surface modeling and you pulled of the hard surface-organic look very well. :+1:

Spent the last few hours tweaking the ick out of the sculpt, here are a few quick zbrush renders. I also threw in the green one from a material I have been messing with, thought it looked neat on this guy. Hope you guys like, C&C appreciated. Thanks all!

DestroSweet2.jpg

Attachments

DestroRender2.jpg

DestroRender1.jpg

DestroRender3.jpg

DestroSweet2.jpg

Destro_Green.jpg

Nice updates on the model. Were you using a lot of masking to create those harsh edges?

Hey Ron, thanks for the comments. The only time I masked anything off was the eyes. I masked the basic shape of them and then deflated the area by 75% to get the basic shape of them. Most of the hard edges come from using the pinch tool with lazy mouse turned on and flatten with LM turned on. Just a lot of smoothing and pinching and flattening. I am still finding areas that I want to be sharper, but it is such a subjective peice since it is Destro and he is still a man that is supposed to be able to live in a mask…hard edges or soft, I don’t want to harden it up too much you know. Thanks again for the comment, I should be working on his body soon and will update asap.

Hey man, i really like this head, especially all the creases :smiley: In my opinion the only thing that could need a bit more work are the ears and the lips, other than that great work, cant wait to see the body! :+1:

Thanks man, I am having a tough time with the ears since it is a metal mask/helmet. I keep wanting to make them really organic like they are in the comics and toons, but I know they should be more machined like the rest of his face. It is bothering me, I am going to take another look at the lips, thanks for the suggestions!

Worked all day on the body, still need to do the hands and make the wrist guards and his belt. Then I will move on to his pistols and maybe a M.A.R.S. briefcase. All in all he is going as I planned. Let me know what you all think!

NewRender_Destro copy.jpg

Attachments

Destro_Green.jpg

Nice Mask…I love the creases as well!

Holy moly! That thing from the first post is genuinely freaky. I feel disturbed.

Hey all! Here is a sneak peak at where Mr. Destro is headed. I revamped his whole body and added his wrist guards. Posed him a bit and am gearing up to spend a lot of time this weekend on his hands and some other “accessories”. I am saving the gun for last since I am not sure yet how I want to execute crafting it. As soon as I feel like the sculpt is close to done I will post turn around shots and all that good stuff. C&C always welcome. Take it easy everyone!

NEWDestro.jpg

Alright, so i am calling this done. It was snowing really heavy the other night and the power went out at our place. My wife and I were standing at the french doors looking out over the balcony and this really load twang like a cable snapping sounded and this bright flash went off in the tree line. We got pretty freaked and it gave me an idea for a story. The idea is that these dudes come when it snows with the snowflakes. They sort of bend in and out of reality. Won’t give away why they come, I havn’t started the story yet. Anyways, I hope you all like it. Comments and critique welcome. This was all done in Zbrush mostly. I threw it in photoshop for greyscale and some final touches.

Snowflakes.jpg

Hey again everyone! I made a few new adjustments to Destro and added his gauntlet grenades and his belt. I tweaked the pose a bit as well and worked on some of his glove details. Remember his hand will be holding a gun whenever I get around to making it. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking!

NewD-man.jpg

Attachments

NewD-man2.jpg

Nice work, I like the updates.

Been a superbly long time since I posted any work. Here is a zombie I have been playing around with. CC welcome of course…thanks.

[attach=136183]Zombie.gif[/attach]

Attachments

Zombie.gif

not sure why it made a thumbnail

An update:

[Zombie2.gif]