Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Abomination

Abomination

Smehting I did as a mess around from a design that Glen Southern posted over at SubD here.

Being the Admin I rarely get a chance to participate in these fun challenges as often as I'd like. But as I was waiting for a TV show I really wanted to watch to come on the telly I thought I'd have a bash for an hour or so. I tried to keep th main concept, but did change a few minor things suchas adding a tounge etc.

Not really a 'serious' piece (or the sort of thing I usual do) but fun all the same from what is a cracking design from Glen.

Wayne...

ABOMINATION-1-thumb.jpg
    Last edited by DarthWayne; 02-08-08 at 06:05 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Hey that is rather cool whatever it is. It reminds me a bit of the shadow creatures in Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Hey can you please tell me how you did that material? or at least point me in the right direction.

Member Follow User Gallery

I'm totally into the weird and surrealistic and I especially like the fingers.

I have to admit I rather like that - especially the branches/hands!

Quote Originally Posted by metalman123456123
    Hey can you please tell me how you did that material? or at least point me in the right direction.
    If you look 2 posts below you, you'll see the person who made the original matcap I messed around with (Intervain). She upped it to the matcap thread a while back I simply messed with a few settings and added some levels in post in Photoshop. So I can't take any credit for the matcap.

It's not exactly you usual design this sculpt, I think that's what attracted me to glens design in the 1st place. I find doing something totally off the wall in ZBrush sort of creatively cleans out the mental 'junk' ready for the next batch of stuff. The strange and sureal isn't always to everyones tastes, but last thing it can be accused of is 'bland' LOL.

Magdelana: You should charge people for use of that bronze matcap lol, you'd be a milionaire by now. I think the fingers just send this one 'over the edge' a bit from mildy sureal into 'head f*ck' territory. Glad it appealed.

Wayne...