Default experimentation - wax on wax off

so I thought I should learn how to think quickly in zbrush native instead of just detailing pre-existing models with clean UV's. It's pretty apparent that my habits are the main thing slowing me down right now. doing the topology and UV's last is a real mind bender for me. anway, I thought I'd start a thread just recording the various things that pop the knuckles in my brain while I teach my brother the ropes. he gets to watch me crash and burn over and over again. good for me. good for him. thought other's might enjoy my evening doodles.

ZBrush Document00.jpg
    Last edited by spiraloid; 02-12-08 at 02:23 AM.

ZBrush_Document02.jpg

stretching excersize to get my brain around mechanical modeling in zbrush from scratch. all zspheres and primitives, no hiding in details or trying to brush stroke everything. I'm focussing on getting quick clean mesh from the start. who would have thought there were so many workflow combinations in zbrush to make a simple tire.

random usage notes:
    -wish zphere's did better with 5 sided branch points. would make working with with radial symmetry much more pheasible.
    -wish zphere's drew in perspective with the other subtools
    -wish drawing a mask respected the active stencil
    -wish I could see low poly masking and do it with a single click
    -wish I could grow and shrink selections.

still having fun though!!! weee!!
    Last edited by spiraloid; 02-12-08 at 02:26 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hey bay!

great to see something new from you. looking forward to see what you'll come up with in the future.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

New Member Follow User Gallery

Doesn't look like much crashing and burning from my view, looking good. The first one looks like Marv and Jack Nicholson had a kid, very inspirational and lots of character in the facial expression. I never thought of doing a bike in Zbrush before, I might have to look into that.

Thumbs up

I like the bike!

Daniel-san... BONZAI!! Superb work, my friend!

I gotta say I'd never have the guts to build a bike in zbrush. The design reminds me of street hawk. haha. Nice one!