ZBrushCentral

My works in progress (Sculpting Adventures)

hey guys!

this is a torso/bust type jobbie that i have been working on today. any tips advice? comments? hows the anatomy look? any ideas for the fine details?

[3-4_view.jpg]torso.jpg

Attachments

head.jpg

The anatomy isn’t bad for an alien. I’d make the form more curvaceous and perhaps define some more bones and muscle groups, the abdominals, the ribs, the serratus anterior muscles, the sternomastoid, the trapezius, all of these would really enhance the look I think.

Also the mouth looks a little silly. I would alter the expression and lessen the width to add a more serious quality. We don’t need H.R Giger severity, but a little more neutrality would be preferable I think.

Yeah, the mouth looks like he’s trying really hard to not laugh. Not sure about all those difficult muscle-words though :stuck_out_tongue:

i agree with you both, the mouth does look stupid. ill take your words into consideration and post again when i have made some changes. thanks!

here is another creature i have been working on for a character development class. any ideas? tips? you know the drill…

[3-4_shot.jpg]head.jpg

thanks!

Attachments

front.jpg

hey guys.

worked on what people were suggesting for the first model.
any more ideas?

[front.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘85510’,‘torso_2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

side.jpg

torso_2.jpg

I like the quadriped quite a lot. I think the part I have the biggest problem with on the other sculpt is that the arms dwarf the torso, makes him look somewhat unbalanced.

twitch- the other sculpt being the quad’ or the alien?

The one with the tail and the large forehead is what I referred to as the quadriped.

here i hand i made today. base mesh in maya, sculpted in Z3 of course

[angle_hand.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘85608’,‘palm.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

palm.jpg

I’d like to see more texture on the palm and the bumps at the base of the fingers should be wider and more smoothed out.

did a little work on the aliens head. resize and repositioned. added some layers of folds. still in kind of an area betwen detail and form. any thoughts are appreciated.

[head_2.jpg]head_back.jpg

Attachments

face_front.jpg

I’m liking this a lot more. Just add some more alphas in there and a nice texture and I think you’ve got something.

okay so what originally started as a practice, has turned into my favorite project, so i started the alien head over, but this time i modeled a body for it. this is the character i am now focusing on for my character class. base mesh modeled in maya, and ive got some sculpting passes done on the torso. and crits?
thanks!
[wip_back_1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘85696’,‘wip_torso_1.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

wip_torso_1.jpg

The gluts look a little odd, but I think I like the pose. I’m not really sure, I’ll have to see it with the head. It’s very dynamic, but it’s also quitte odd. It’ll be hard to pull off, but I’m anxious to see you try.

its kinda of supposed to be odd anatomy. the legs are turned backwards like a birds and the head hangs out over the body somewhat. ill post more later

alright, here is a large update on the anatomy of my character. let me know!

[wip_body_3-4_1.jpg]wip_torso_2.jpg

Attachments

wip_torso_3.jpg

wip_head_1.jpg

wip_body_back_1.jpg

wip_body_front_1.jpg

Nice work Matt. I see your evolving you characters. They are beginning to look more like they have souls. Scorpion guy is very nice. The only thing with the alien bust is the solar plexus area. Its not as detailed as the ribs and lower abdomen. The hand is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

Really nice but i think the if the head would be a little smaller the model would look better.

I forgot to mention I think you need to work the whole body equally. Work for general to specific while not over emphasizing and one area too much. The hands for example are nowhere near the level of the head. I think Zack Petroc’s sculpting a female video on gnomonology.com illustrates this concept very well.