Default Alhazred: Stalker of the Void

Hello!

I thought I'd post my character from dominance war which without Zbrush would have been impossible! I started using Zbrush 2 a few years ago and had switched over to mudbox for a while until finally realizing that was a very bad decision.

For this model I used Zbrush3 and man did I learn a lot! There are a lot of mistakes I made along the way and I can't wait to start my next creation to take advantage of what this program can really do.

Any comments and critiques are more than welcome!

Enjoy.

Initial Concept:
    steveKick_conceptSheet.jpg
    Winning Pose:
    steveKick_winningPose.jpg
    Beauty Shot:
    steveKick_beautyShot.jpg
    Construction:
    steveKick_constructionShot.jpg
    Textures:
    steveKick_textureSheet.jpg

Various WIP:
    3dwip01.jpg
    Basemesh:
    3dwip02.jpg
    Zbrushed!
    3dwip03.jpg
    3dwip04.jpg
    Unposed and textured:
    3dwip09.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and happy zbrushing!

Steve

Wow! Awesome character design and finished product! I particularly like the the gnarly skin on the left side of the body and around the eye.

Thank you for the comment

The idea behind this character is that during the events of the second dominance war his village was caught in the cross-fire between the machines and the alien races battling leaving it completely annihilated in their wake. After the machines were victorious Alhazred discovered the remains of one of the alien vessels containing the life force of the species which he then made a pact with to seek revenge on those responsible for the destruction of his home. By doing so the life force merged with his own giving him extraordinary power but at the obious cost of his hideously mutated visage