ZBrushCentral

VTC Company (Zbrush Training by Cannedmushrooms)

cannedmushrooms_webres.jpg
I would like to announce Something!!
All poly heads direct your attention to the following few lines of text. (place the wacom pen down)

Yes even you in the back!

So over the past few months I have been secretly working for a a company called VTC.

This is probably the best company I have ever worked for. They wanted me to do a fresh new Curriculum for Zbrush. And aim it at the learning style of the Zbrush artist.

7 hrs in total
of pure Zbrush!!!

All sorts of tips and tricks never released on video.

(feels like I’m doing a commercial)

Anywho its not a commercial, I already was paid for the assignment, but I really do like the motivation of this company.
There is a few free lessons also to give you a taste of really how far I broke this program down.

(pops champagne cork)

let the learning Commence!

http://www.vtc.com/products/Pixologic-ZBrush-3.1-Tutorials.htm

For anyone using the course please direct any questions you might have to this post.
And when future titles get released I can inform you here.

OMG does that mean you now work for the man and will never release another video for free???

tisk tisk silly poly head !!

I think you know better than that!

Very cool, congrats!

Had a look at some of the free tutorials that you linked at VTC and yeah…I could actually consider to pay the monthly fee to see more of your exellent tutorials. You have always been very generous to the zbrush with your Z-Wisdom and I´ve enjoyed and learned alot from your free tutorials. Only fair you finally get some cash for the tutorials :wink:
Hats off!

Another series has been released on VTC this time in the form of a master class.
If you have ever been hung up on the hard topology stuff this series would be a great addition to your workflow.

Especially the bonding of meshes to other meshes while keeping edgeflow.

And how to do topology without thinking to much about “where should this edge go again” :wink:

http://www.vtc.com/products/MasterClass!-ZBrush-Topology-Workflow-Tutorials.htm

hey jason i wanted to say congratulations on doing the videos for vtc i have been using them to teach a friend and I learned alot of tricks and tips from both series the stick method for zspheres is great i don’t think i will ever go back to the resolution of zero again. just wanted to thank you for that now all i need to do now is get the topology tools down. It was very informative and hilarious at the same time thanks for helping me make teaching zbrush that more enjoyable.

thanks again jason..:D

np Troy I’m glad you and your friend are enjoying them.
It was a fun series to do especially the topology.

more to come also (cant say what yet) but its coming.

Hello Jason,

I have looked at all the free movies and I think it is great stuff for a noob to learn about.

However, when I try to see the VTC site in English it keeps giving me the French version. :cry:

I live in Belgium and my country is not listed in the drop -down menu, so for Belgium I get French, maybe they are not aware that the majority of people in Belgium speak Flemish.
Now to come to the point, if I order the disk of your tut. can I be sure it will be in English and not a French translation :qu:

Being new to the 3D stuff I have learned the terminology in English and starting over in French is not an option :confused:

Its in english
I would say about 99.99% sure that I would sound horrible speaking french.
heh

I looked over the website a bit for foreign affairs in this manner. Whether they have other languages and did not find anything. Looks like its only the text on the website that deals with other languages.

So you would be safe knowing that I only speak english;)
And this company is based in the English language with their audio tutorials.

Though the flemish fact is good to know;)

Try the preferences tab on the right to switch it to english on the website

Thanks for your reply Jason

I have tried that preference tab over and over again but it keeps feeding me French.

Now that I know your tut. will not be “voiced over” in French I can order it and the website languages does not matter anymore.

What I have seen so far it is a great tut. :+1:

Jason, i just watched your free vids on that site, i can see how they could be very helpful to newbs. i do have one small gripe, watching the extrude vids you keep saying how there is no way to understand the axis in zbrush, i notice that you have the deformation palette open the whole time but not the preview window right above which usually will tell you the axis, maybe you explain this in your other vids though. Also one more way to have fixed those verts that form the star when extruding would be to select just the new face and use the flatten deformations, but i figure for new users this would be more confusing.
hey was just thinking about why don’t we just make a simple tool that has the axis listed on it, or even a simple xyz font tool, and then set it as a macro and it will always be the topmost subtool, so everything else follows its axis. just a thought, not perfect but could help.

There are little tricks you can use to know what axis is what. Make the plugin but here’s my hack fix.

1. Create a proxy object that has a mesh in your native 3d program which shows the axes. EG Create three low poly arrows that point along the X Y Z axes.

2. Import the mesh and append as a subtool. You can set the subtool with a transparent texture or just turn off the visibility when you don’t need it.

So, basically, the proxy mesh show you your axes. The great thing about sub tools is that they don’t need to be part of the actual model you are making. You can just use them as reference for practically anything.

My good friend Paul from Mix Mash showed me this tip. I’ll ask him if he plans to make a tutorial out of it because it’s an awesome tip.

Actually, he might hate me for this because He tries to keep his tutorials secret until they’re released.

Cheers,
Revanto :stuck_out_tongue:

That is a good idea.
Seems like the rotation might get thrown off a little with a poxy obj, but still probably a way to center pivot around the the original object with Cpivot and the other obj hid.

I know you love that deformation pallet though space. I seen you operate it via chat. And you would own me any day of the week with that awkward slider hell.

But ya basically only wanted to touch base enough on those sliders to give the users the sense that they are there and they serve a purpose. And don’t use some of them without transposing the tool or it will crash zbrush.

I use to like them for moving geometry around until I got ninja skills using the transpose tool. After that I try not to venture there to often. The infate is by far the most used one in my workflow;)

Revanto, what you suggested is exactly what i suggested:lol:
Anyway, i belive by making it the topmost/first subtool that forces all other subtools to obey its axis, so for people who have problems with the axis, they would load that tool first then always append their current tools.

Thanks jason, i just didn’t see you go over the preview window in the freevids it should at least be talked about, considering you can see if your model is too big or to change the pivot point. but as i said you probably go over that later.
One more thing, i never use the sliders as sliders anymore i just popup that numericalpad zscript i adapted and punch in numbers, because those sliders pull up some weird numbers by themselves don’t they.

Well, partially but not exactly. You’re suggesting a font shape of some sorts to denote the axes, right?. I’m suggesting that you can have any sort of object specified for not just the axes but for anything you need to reference as well. For example, you can have a ring shape with notches in it to denote common angles such as 15 degress, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, etc… So it you are going for certain angle, you would have a way of referencing it.

Rev.

i quote myself “simple tool that has the axis listed on it”, threw fonts out there because at least for people who don’t know the axis would have it listed. but if you want to make your friend feel better by making him think he had an original idea you’re welcome to do so, i wash my hands of it.

Ha,ha, sorry, I didn’t mean to take it so seriously :wink: I was just suggesting that there was more to the idea than what you were suggesting. But it was just me musing. I don’t think my friend has read the thread but I’m sure he’d tell me that he probably wasn’t the first to think of it. It’s like that with most ideas. Just when you think you came up with something yourself, someone’s done it first someplace else.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off so seriously :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Revamto :stuck_out_tongue: