ZBrushCentral

D&D Monster Manual A-Z

i have started a series of quick zbrush sculpts to try and improve my modeling skills without getting too bogged down in the whole process of creating a character from start to finish. i am sculpting creatures from the D&D monster manual. 1 creature per letter until i hit z :smiley:

so far i have done the Ankheg and Beholder. i have started working on the Chimera as well, but i wonā€™t post that unitl i am further along. thanks for viewing.

Ankheg:
jeffmillerankheg1km9.jpg

Attachments

jeffmillerankheg3lk8.jpg

jeffmillerankheg4zi1.jpg

01xj1.jpg

04ue3.jpg

03kv2.jpg

06xb5.jpg

this emerging bug is cool,ā€¦in fact I"m surprised it isnā€™t on the ā€œtop rowā€ on zcentralā€¦just a reminder to dig through the various posts,ā€¦some gems have gone unnoticedā€¦anyways, It makes we want to sculpt something along these lines,ā€¦good job.

-Josh

these are realy nice piecesā€¦ especialy the bug thingy lol
great details!!! and the pose is very dynamic :cool:

Limbo

Brilliant, Red! very good idea i think i should do something like this. awesome sculpts!!!

This bug is really great!!! I would love to see a 3d print of it!

I really love your bug sculpt! Looks like it should be a 3D print. Would you mind telling us some of your techniques for the nice clay look yoiu have on the end of your stomach plates and on the ground? It looks very natural (Like a real sculpt)

Great work and thanks for sharing,

NickZ.

Sweet stuff. I really look forward to your future creationsā€¦ C, Dā€¦ :slight_smile:

that bug is f__king wicked !! canā€™t wait to see more

youā€™re doing a great jobā€¦ Iā€™ve wanted to do exactly what youā€™re doing for a long timeā€¦ thereā€™s so much great concept art in roleplay books

wow, that is a great idea! itā€™s looking great so far! I like the bug especially! So you mentioned you donā€™t want to spend too much time on these, but how much time are you giving yourself per model? You making base meshes or just jumping right in with a sphere/zsphere? Sorry for the questions hehe, Iā€™m just curious, I canā€™t wait to have free time to have fun like youā€™re doing! canā€™t wait to see C-Z :smiley:

i really like the surface detail, could you give us a hint to which tools and alphas that where involved?

awesome idea! cant wait to see how it pans out, the bug is fantastic! would love a 3d print of that one!

I think the jaggies might be keeping your beholder from getting the praise it deserves. You should try doing a double-sized render and then using AAHalf like it seems you did with the ankheg.

Awesome work on the beholder and the ankheg. Iā€™ve been kicking around this exact idea for over a year now, but Iā€™ve yet to execute on it! :smiley:

Looking forward to the rest and Iā€™d also love to hear if youā€™re using basemeshes or zspheres to start your sculpts.

Youā€™re on your way to creating an awesome series! The bug is top notch!

Hello,
I have started a project where I will be sculpting creatures from the D&D Monster Manuals. I will create one creature starting with each letter of the alphabet, so I will have 26 when I finish. I am going for quick sculpts here, not fully polished and rendered pieces.
here is the first creature, the Ankheg. I hope you enjoy
jeff

[attach=100464]jm01.jpg[/attach]
[attach=100465]jm02.jpg[/attach]
[attach=100466]jm03.jpg[/attach]
[attach=100467]jm04.jpg[/attach]

jm_thumbnail.jpg

Attachments

jm01.jpg

jm02.jpg

jm03.jpg

jm04.jpg

Looking great!

Fantastic sculpting mate, love it. Great detailingā€¦canā€™t wait to see more!!

wow that looks great

Great one, I like the feeling of physical statuette you gave to the renders :wink: