Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looks nice, lot of work! Take care of the sails, they look like cheese with holes.

I'm not satisfied with the holes in the sails. They should be sharper with tearing (at the time I was helping beta test for zb3/PC) and I was trying to figure out how to cut through meshes.

It's a problem. Organic realism can be captured, and hard surface modeling. But animation drawings like in Disney's animated films (not Pixar/cg) - lion king, little mermaid etc, are hard to capture with meshes.
    We learned that quickly at Gentle Giant. 2D artists draw with strokes, which create sharp silhouettes or tearing. We'd like to emulate that but it proves difficult. It's like a combination of hard surface modeling and organic, and the meshes were becoming too time consuming. The 3D print will be improved traditionally and we may just create sails like this traditionally in the future.

-B

Default Here is another example

The tatters at the bottom of Barbossa's jacket (layers too) should be sharper, like blades. Up at the hat, little holes need to be punched through and they should have a sharp feel as well.

You can see where I just pressed in on the boots to tear them, but you can see it is not as clean as they should be. Creasing in the beginning of the project (or pinching near the end of the project) were not as easy as simply using a blade on traditional clay/wax.

If all those lines were sharp and clean, this figure would be a dead on match to the 2D drawing.

Oh and btw, I did that whole monkey in zbrush with zspheres. I was suprised but it proved fast and easy due to the monkey's position, shape, and the fact I didn't need to create little fingers/toes.

-B
    sda.jpg

Default Tusken Raider busts

Here are two busts. The head is a digital scan and the rest created in Zbrush. Oh excpet that Brian Wilcox made the rifle outside of Zbrush.

tusken2.jpg
    tusken3.jpg
    1.jpg

EXCELLENT!!!

i hope you share the 2d drawings with us at the end. that monkey is awesome!!! so is the pirate...this is goin' to be one hell of a piece when it's all said n' done.

S K I N N Y B O N E Z

"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!" ~ The Dude.

New Member Follow User Gallery

wow this is awsome can you explain how did you do the clothes or post a tutorial thanks.

Default Hellboy 2 Prince

Here is a character from Hellboy 2, if you haven't seen the trailer already.
    All his armor was done in Zbrush. Well everything was except for the actors head scan.

-Brandon

a4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    c4.jpg

Default Let me think.

It was a long time ago, before the Black Pearl project. I began with a generic torso, without a head. I made the baggy sleeves with a cylinder that had a hole in it, then subdivided and bagged it out, tucking them into
    the belts around the torso. I always work in the lowest subdivision level I can and use the move brush (in the beginning stages) so I can move the mesh about easily.

I try to put a gesture in the pose, following the drawings I am given but given leeway. I try to make sure the shoulders (balls) and head are tilted in a way that makes them interesting.

-B

Wow great work man
    I guess here there is a diagnosis looks like of amputation of legs

New Member Follow User Gallery

That is amazing!!! I was trained in Maya and recently my college bought linceceses for Zbrush. I started a project and got stuck, all I want is to make a pocket on my character's clothes. What tool did u use to detail that pouches on his body? no matter what tool I use I couldn't get it to be as detailed as that.

Very nice! I like the visual weight of the clothes and how he has his gun tucked in under his shoulder. Very natural.
    Christopher Tackett

really great work!

Alex Oliver

Default making a pocket.

Well I work near the gaming modelers, and if you're like them you might be trying to make the pocket and shirt (and entire model) with one mesh. But the way I do it, is I make multiple meshes and push them into each other. So the pouches (or pockets) would be separate subtools. Picture a ******* (with its thickness), give it more material on top. Fold the extra material down over the ******* to form the fabric that is buttoned down over the pocket, then insert a button over that flap. (fold material with masking and transpose rotate) - Then just clone the pocket and append it to the list for the second pocket. Move transpose to get it correctly placed.

It would take too long to try and pinch the material just right around the pocket to make it realistic. You can create the *******, top fold, and button in less time an never worry about accidently smoothing out the edges of the pocket.

-Brandon

Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice but i think it would be better if the model would be full body and textured

Sorry for bad english.

Omg great work!
    How you did this piece?

pieceuo7.jpg

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123451126 ... LastLast