ZBrushCentral

Dominance War 3 unfinished

I started this as an entry into the Dominance War 3 contest but I wasn’t able to finish in time. So now it has become a project for me to get to know zbrush better, I never had a 100% nailed down concept so I’m just winging it and trying out brushes and techniques.

concept sketch

[attach=91669]scan.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

scan.jpg

basemesh

[attach=91670]max1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

max1.jpg

first round of sculpting

[attach=91671]zbrush1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

zbrush1.jpg

rebuilt and sculpted body

[attach=91672]fullbody.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

fullbody.jpg

Some close ups of different areas.

[attach=91691]face.jpg[/attach]
[attach=91692]torso.jpg[/attach]
[attach=91694]upper_arm.jpg[/attach]
[attach=91695]glove.jpg[/attach]
[attach=91696]boot.jpg[/attach]
[attach=91698]boot2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

face.jpg

torso.jpg

upper_arm.jpg

glove.jpg

boot.jpg

boot2.jpg

I did some poly painting and brought the model back into max to do a test render just to see what things would like.

test_render_color_correction.jpg

Here are some renders with the helmet and stylized facial hair. I think I may rigg this guy and pose him but I won’t spend much time on him after that. This was a good learning procces but I’m a little tire of looking at him. Also I think I may need to buy a tablet I found trying to draw with the mouse pretty painful.

Attachments

test_render_final.jpg

test_render_final2.jpg

test_render_final3.jpg

test_render_final4.jpg

you got it right see this one as an learning piece! for a sculpt without a tablett it isnt even that bad you should definitly get urself a tablett as it is the only way zbrush works. having none is like sculpting with your feet in real life and probably worse !!!:lol:

Thanks so much for the comment. I’ve been eying the Intuos3 9x12 I’d like to get Cintiq but it’s too pricey right now.