ZBrushCentral

DWIII-Josh Singh's Entry.

Wow, this really cool of ZBC to get behind it’s member’s who participated in this.
So much great work came out of this comp! I learn so much about ZB3 this time around, it was an indespensable tool!
Here is my Entry:

[attach=92346]beauty_2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=92347]winningpose_1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=92348]Construction_2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=92349]Construction_1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=92350]conceptsheet.jpg[/attach]
[attach=92323]Singh_Final_Thumb.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Singh_Final_Thumb.jpg

beauty_2.jpg

winningpose_1.jpg

Construction_2.jpg

Construction_1.jpg

conceptsheet.jpg

ghost_rider01.jpg

Awesome design! Proportions remind me of Hellboy for some reason.

That looks very clean! Great Model!

I love the style and concept, reminds me of a Indian monkey god I saw awhile back. Question about the pedestal he’s standing on, are those stylized clouds around a mountain top or waves crashing on a rocky shore?

excellent ! A very different style in front of all the stuff we are used to see !
A future top row !

me like very, very much, well done

These are really great!

Awesome. Nice the style and concept

This is by far my favorite entry from DWIII. You’ve so successfully taken it in a completely unique direction from most other entries. Your “post-apocalyptic” character feels as though he is not just from a world at it’s end, but one in a state of rebirth. I can see him bouncing around a great jungle that has grown over and through a long since dead city. Maybe I’m reading a little too much into it.

I’ve got two quick questions:
How was he posed, complete rigged or Zbrush? And where can I get rigging skillz like that? (ecspecially the face)

It’s awesome! Great game design :+1:

this is incredibly cool! such a refreshing style to see from the DWIII stuff. theres not a drop of blood or gore anywhere, so i say bravo!

all jokes aside though. this is amazing!
you got my vote for a top row for sure

excellent post i really enjoy all the production steps :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Awesome work!

So nice and clean! Congrats for this awesome character, I love the facial expressions! :slight_smile:

I really like the swirling cloud base, and the concept art is great too. Nice job all around!

Cool character concept and nice execution overall. This has potential, but even if all you intended was a sculpt, you did yourself proud. :wink:

Great style, and nicely presented.

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words guys. I have never gotten much attention on these boards, mainly because I never had and full fledged zbrush projects to show. It’s nice to get some attention from such talented pool of artists as this crowd is. Well, here is the high poly breakdown of what was made in zbrush. I used a combination of modeling techniques. I learn a ton.
For the most part, I sculpted anything organic, and made a detailed base mesh in max for anything hard edged. For the relief detail on the bellyplate, as well as any rope or cord, and The hat and necklace I simply made a height map in photoshop and displace mapped it. For any low level detail I used the nvidia normal map plug in for photoshop, I would use this on embossed detal such as cloth embroidery. One of the keys to doing any sort of displacement map modeling though, I found, is to make sure your base mesh has Uv Coordinates, so you can paint your displacementmap in photoshop, and get clean results.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you guys might have. So software used was simply Zbrush, Max, and Photoshop.
And the rigging was done in max with a quick and dirty biped rig. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I hand posed the face.
HIGHPOLYBREAKDOWNsmall.jpg

Attachments

HIGHPOLYBREAKDOWNTHUMB.jpg

Really well done accessories

• character design is top notch.

love it!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I dont know how this hasn’t gone top row, one of the most stylish characters in the whole dominance war. Every part of it reeks of quality and the style is so strong and consistent throughout the whole model

can we get a close-up of the face sculpt please? I would love to see the teeth and all the details in there