ZBrushCentral

DWIII entry - MAGMA REFLUX

Hey guys,
I thought I would jump on the band wagon and post my zbrush stuff along with my final renders from this years entry.

yay.

Chris “muppet man” Moffitt

wallpaper.jpg

Attachments

side01.jpg

torso01.jpg

back01.jpg

front02.jpg

zbrush14.jpg

winningFront.jpg

winningLeft.jpg

winningBack.jpg

winningRight.jpg

winningRight.jpg

woow,thats fantastic creature design you have there ,lovely details and awsome armour five stars from me:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Awesome.

Wicked nasty cool!
Top row!

wow talk about detail, great job.

i like shrimps :smiley: really good character, i like it too :+1:

Surperb sculpting! What type of technique did you use for your final comp? It has a bit of an illustration feel to it :+1:

What a gorgeous entry! :slight_smile:
I could spend hours just looking at the details. You did an incredible job Chris, two in a row!

oh the nastyness!! grotesque, putrid, vile, amazing!
staff and shield are kicking my butt dude, way to go!! :+1:

All these fantastic DWIII works of art are making me wanna cry… Don´t know if it´s out of joy or envy or…no idea…but WOW! is all I can say :smiley: Amazing stuff!

…Now…where was I…? Ahh…retopol…topo what? <Tries to fit another piece of the zbrush puzzle>

Wonderful color pallet :+1: :+1:

Thanks, everyone. AA-ron, I used a lot of images of storm clouds that I would overly between the elements at different opacities to get the environmental fog look. I also used a color layer over the entire image to tie everything together. That’s about it, though. Nothing too fancy. Thanks for the kudos!

Chris “muppet man” Moffitt

Very cool. Is there any chance that you would be able to post the ZB render that you used? :wink:
Im just beginning to learn about photoshop’s abilites to comp renders and elements. So you used another storm cloud as a color layer to tie it together? Also, what material did you use, a basic one?

Freakin hell dude. Thats cool! Top row for sure…

The sculpture is freaking sweet! I love the black and grey renders. I kinda feel that some of the color pallet is to extreme for my tastes though. I get lost on the colored ones a bit and my eyes bounce all over looking at all the lighter hot spots. I have a hard time seeing what is even going on in the face. Killer sculpture man. great work! :+1: :+1:

Whoops, I didn’t know a bunch of people commented on this thread. Sorry to anyone I didn’t respond to and thanks for the compliments.

skullbeast - yes you are totally right on the money with your observations. The colors were way too saturated and the renders were awful. There is way too much detail in the face so it’s hard to tell what’s going on. I rushed through at the end but then went back later and spent a lot more time getting a better render together for print. This one is a little better but still not exactly what I wanted. Thanks for kudos!

magamGartisans.jpg

Now thats what I’m talking about! A much more harmonious blend! :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:

Man, I liked it before… but I love it now. This is a much better color palette. :+1:

Much better colors now. I would like to have maybe 3 or 4 of the little critters
to go play with the noisy dogs next door. :slight_smile:

wow thats a major major improvement in colours and focus …
the face is much more readable and the composition makes my eye move from bottom to top …
just … one lil thing though the lighting and colours on the shield are a bit more stronger than rest so the eye kinda goes there first … :o