ZBrushCentral

Doodles

hi there,

this is a foto i took at a local zoo, i couldnt resist to beef it up a bit with ZB:)

hope you like

ex.jpg

Attachments

ex pre.jpg

Very cool! Did you crop the original you posted or actually create additional rock? What parts are ZBrush, and what parts are PhotoShop?

Verry cool remake.
Great work.

You should never try to resist. The result is great…

thank you, the second one is cropped.
I projected the image onto a plane with a flat material and then used the 2.5D tools on that plane to make the eye hole etc. For the hair i used the snake hook brush and the hook brush to change the form of the mouth. The eye is just sphere with a eye matcap from the matcap repository, all i did was changing the light to come from the same direction as on the foto.

Sehr schön.

Endlich mal etwas Gutes im 2.5D-Bereich, anstatt immer nur neue Monstermodelle.
Very nice.

Btw. there is still some room for a dragon-thing, don’t you think ?
(S)He looks dangerous. :cool:

Danke :wink: I even tried to make him horns, but have given up on it. Without something like global perspective in ZB 2 its impossible to get the perspective right. BTW i do believe that the lack of this feature is responsible for the missing 2.5D images on ZBC. Its just impossible to composite. Which is sort of sad, as with the matcap feature there is a powerful tool to match foto lighting. I hope global perspective will get reintroduced at some point in the future. The canvas is imho still THE unique feature of Zbrush.

It needs a cigar! And it has to yell “Get of my rock!”.
:lol: Lemo

haha es gefelt mir sehr gut! Love his expression :slight_smile: nice job:+1:

You mean ZBrush 3, don’t you? I agree absolutely.

Excellent work. A bit of red smoke would complete the picture. :wink:

cool!:smiley:

Lemo, thanks, i try to stop smoking :o

Magda, Dankeschön:)

Marcus, hmm i was under the impression it got lost with the change to 3.0. But then i havent 3.0 installed anymore, so i cant check. Tried to open the Zdoc in 2.0 so i could place the horns but thats not possible as well :confused: the smoke sounds like a good idea:)

Vladi, thank you

good night doodle; with hexagon,zb and ps

dood.jpg

I do 2.5d post work in every sculpt I do with ZBrush. It holds a ton of potential. The amount of detail possible is insane. I would agree that it could be taken a lot further. Finite details that would barf my computer in 3d are nothing more stressful than pixels to my system. This is the one area where Pixologic is completely unique and they should push it further in every way possible.

Great work on the editing. When you say “reintroduced”, do you mean that at one point they had some type of feature that would allow you to position 2.5d elements/layers as if they were in a 3d environment? ZB3 is my first purchase.

hi James,

there was something called global perspective which allowed you to set one vanishing point on the canvas. All tools drawn with perspective then scaled accordingly to this one point. Which made it alot easier to place tools with “sort of” the correct perspective. Its true that the 2.5D technology is what Zbrush makes unique, unfortuneately the new features in the last release focussed more on the sculpting side of things. Also a lot of users appear to be more appealed by the sculpting tools than the canvas:confused:

That sounds pretty cool.

I’ve sent them feature requests regarding the canvas. My big issue with it is that ZBrush has no special effects rendering, such as hair, and dropping things to the canvas eliminates the ability to export to external apps for such effects. I think it’s genius, and could be so much more than it is for illustration. Surely, they will continue to improve it. ZProjection is one major 3d feature that will keep it around forever. Maybe we’ll see improvements from 3.5.

As far as the missing 2.5d images on zbc, Meats Meier uses the 2.5d a ton, or did anyways. His dvd is how I learned to use it. All of his older, wire style stuff was composed on the canvas. Now, with rabbit holes introduced, he’ll probably finish things up in 3d so they can be presented as such. Soon, I will be posting all of my work, and it ALL has 2.5d post work. So it’s there, just few and far between.

Looking forward to see your canvas work, James :slight_smile:

heres a redoodle of the doodle (above):

EDIT: changed images to final version with postwork

dood 3 copy.jpg

Attachments

dood 3.jpg

Wonderful!

Of course the forms are beautiful, but the palette & composition are superb too.

-Darrel

…THAT’S A DOODLE???

How’d you get that shape?

Doodle? You kidding me? That’s amazing, lol :smiley:

…a cool one! Bravo! :cool:
I don’t understand why no more people use ZB for make crazzy images with photos retouching! :rolleyes: